muralbydesign

Very large mural on dip corrugated metal siding.

MuralbyDesign
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

I just had a great challenging opportunity to design and paint an original and very large mural for an antiques store by the US 31 in West Olive, Michigan, and the challenges were:

- Using the best visual ideas to represent a million diverse objects of an antiques store that would be easy to understand by a fast moving traffic.

- Create a fun story that would invite the viewer to look, enjoy, and stop by.

- Making it happens over a dip corrugated metal siding by painting in such ways that would make the patterns disappear and the image lines as little distorted as possible.

Well, please take a look and share your honest thoughts. Thank you so much :-D

Lake Shore Antiques · Mere information

(12) kommentarer

• Denita
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I love it. Wonderful execution and delightful too! The mural makes a world of difference to the building and accomplishes all of your goals. Truly excellent :)

MuralbyDesign thanked Denita
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 år siden
    Fantastic idea and great job. Makes a “signature” statement for your client and your amazing skills. Love it! (From a former Michigander!)
    MuralbyDesign thanked Flo Mangan
  • acm
    5 år siden

Cute, except that the word "Antiques" is no longer visible from the front of the building.

MuralbyDesign thanked acm
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 år siden

Truly excellent. The client must be so pleased.

If there is any room in the budget I would add some lighter highlights to the man; he looks a little flat compared to the car and even the bike. And if he had a banner or pennant trailing behind him he would have more of a sense of motion. That would also be a good place to add some more vibrant colours to catch the eyes of passers-by. But these are just trivialities.

MuralbyDesign thanked miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • PRO
    Architecture Plus Inc
    5 år siden

Very cool!

MuralbyDesign thanked Architecture Plus Inc
  • PRO
    PI Photography Wall Art & Fine Art
    5 år siden

Awesome work!

MuralbyDesign thanked PI Photography Wall Art & Fine Art
  • Wendy H
    5 år siden
    Very clever artwork! i agree that it would help to add something else between the 2 images. Will cars end up parking along in front? Hopefully they won’t block the art wall or the sign.
    MuralbyDesign thanked Wendy H
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Love it all…truly amazing work and creativity! Is there something you could add to the front? Door looks lonely.

MuralbyDesign thanked JudyG Designs
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 år siden

Maybe some gold scroll-work around the windows!

My 3 year old is a huge fan by the way, he caught a glimpse when he woke up from his nap just now :-D

• PRO
    MuralbyDesign
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you so much everyone for the honest feedback and all the valuable suggestions, which I will seriously consider to mention to my very happy customer for a later addition on the site. As for now, I have over done beyond the budget plan.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 år siden

Thank you for sharing!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.