scott_braut

Stumped. Bathroom that works with formal cherry library / study?

Scott
5 år siden

Hello,

My wife and I just bought a house that has a nice dark cherry library / office / study (I don't have a photo but similar to the classic version you'd see on Houzz, Google or Pinterest of this type).

There's a small 5' x 8' bathroom adjoining the study and I've been looking for examples of bathrooms that might work with this formal office. It has a very "library," "museum" and "university" -type of feel. Given the size, I was thinking either a pedestal sink or 24-inch vanity with marble, something Restoration Hardware in style (not necessarily RH). Or potentially going with some traditional mosaic tile on the wall or floors. Paint in either gray, black or navy, or maybe even some formal but simple (striped, etc.) wallpaper.

All that being said, this still seems to elude me -- if anyone has visual suggestions of what kind of powder room / bathroom might work for that, I'd love recommendations as I haven't quite found it yet.

Thank you!

(11) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    5 år siden

i'd def have some fun with it.

• Scott
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Hello,

I wasn't really a wallpaper fan but I could see some fun (but visually simple) wallpapers in there - some Cole & Son mural or geometric wallpapers; maybe large stripes.

https://www.cole-and-son.com/en/collection-fornasetti-murals/wallpaper-DMW1007/

Yacht club sailboat blueprint:

http://www.wallquest.com/wallquest/itemZoom.htm?group=7699&item=YC61312

• Karen
    5 år siden

I have a library in my home as well...and if it had an adjoining bathroom, the wallpaper pictured in nnigret's photo would be ON the walls within minutes! I think it would add a touch of whimsy (especially if your library isn't large)...and I love a touch of whimsey in any room!

• PRO
    Creative Tile Eastern CT
    5 år siden

Just a thought.

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    5 år siden

This powder room could go either way. I personally like the idea of creating some woodwork with mouldings that are painted a rich dark color, maybe even lacquered which could be quite handsome. I'm not a lover of wallpaper but agree a "book/library" motif could be fun. You could also take a bunch of pages from old books and decopage them on the walls in lieu of wallpaper. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

• mnmamax3
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

is there anything existing in the bathroom that you are keeping? Does it need new everything?

• mnmamax3
    5 år siden

I just typed formal powder rooms in the search bar and came up with a whole bunch of options...

Windsor Powder · Mere information

Formal Powder Room · Mere information

Country French Eclectic · Mere information

• Laura Hill
    5 år siden
    More inspiration!
  • Laura Hill
    5 år siden
    And more...
  • greenfish1234
    5 år siden

Ooh some fun ideas. Never take your powder room too seriously. Pics would help. Consider a salvage yard for sink and faucets.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.