cvmorales91

sectional or loveseat

Not sure if I should ditch the sectional or get a smaller one? Maybe I should do a loveseat and two accent chairs... thoughts? Im redoing my living room and painting to a light grey color.

(10) kommentarer

• Judy Mishkin
    5 år siden

i like your idea. instead of shopping for a loveseat tho, look for 'apartment sofa'. nicer style and just slightly wider.

• PRO
    Shoa Gallery
    5 år siden

Sectionals overwhelm small spaces. Couch/loveseat + one or two chairs leave some breathing room in your space.

Also I'd declutter a bit. :-)

• Manon Floreat
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Hi, Cynthia.

I think an apartment sized sofa and arm chair (maybe two) would be be ideal. Because the room is on the petite side, look for a sofa that shows a little leg. It'll make the room seem bigger, because you'll be able to see more floor space.

Since you're refreshing your living space, you may want to reconsider the valance. I'm not sure you have enough room for the stack of panels, but Romans would work well. You'll also want to lower your art. In a seating area, art is best hung lower so it can be comfortably enjoyed while seated.

It looks like you could use some storage, so don't overlook double duty furnishings (eg: storage cocktail ottomans, storage credenza's that double as TV consoles, etc.)

Lastly, be sure you have a clear vision for your color palette. Depending on your idea for the room, gray may not be the best choice. With your area rug and art, I can see something more in the family of ecrus, wheats and linens. (Although, I think the blue wall color is quite pretty.)

• felixdiaz3
    5 år siden

Always remember that pulling the furniture away from the walls makes the space look bigger.

The opposite is true: furniture against the wall shrinks the space.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

That sectional looks sloppy and uncomfortable sectionals to me are the most aweful seating as there are no armrests except for usually one person , everyone is lined up like playing musical chairs , I would do a sofa and either one or 2 chairs depending on the space . Some more info into size of the space , get rid of the scarf on the window

• Cynthia Timmermeyer
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Just a note that I will be getting rid of everything except the ladder and the end table. I’m still trying to decide if I should keep the cubbie under the tv. Any ideas are welcome!
  • Geneviève
    5 år siden

decoenthusiaste and I are on the same page , those little things behind the sofa group them .

• PRO
    Nicola Interiors
    5 år siden

We agree with decoenthusiaste. Try an apartment sized sectional if you want to get one. Otherwise you can try a smaller sofa and two chairs.

Absolute Condo · Mere information

Urban Elegance On The Lakefront · Mere information

Opulent Lakeshore Condo Design · Mere information

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    5 år siden

I would get a new tailored sectional as the space looks a little cramped unless the photograph is deceiving. I would get a new ceiling fan without lights unless you like the look you have. The two lamps need to be separated a little more from the painting, please lower the painting a bit. Good luck to you, hope your project turns out exactly the way you want it to!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.