allenjohnson

Craftsman-style renovation

Renovated by Cornerstone Construction in Douglass, TX

(23) kommentarer

• Anne
    10 år siden
    Not to be funny....well maybe....but...which is the before and which is the after?
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    10 år siden
    What is that band across the top of the porch? It looks odd.
  • PRO
    Environs Residential
    10 år siden
    I'm with you Anne...
  • Emily H
    10 år siden
    Love the new posts and railing!
  • Casey Tomlinson
    10 år siden
    Did you renovate the whole house or just the porch? I just love the railings and the way you stained it.
  • PRO
    Nevin Nelson Design Inc.
    10 år siden
    I also agree with Anne.
  • Marilyn Wilkie
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    I'm thinking those might be awnings? The original picture looks like fabric, not wood or wooden blinds? It would be a good design to keep the sun out. And I'm glad they stuck with the character of the home.
  • PRO
    Arlene Awarda Architect
    10 år siden
    The double posts are nice! Nice that they kept it!
  • groveraxle
    10 år siden
    I'm with Anne. I assume the first pic is the "after." But it doesn't look Craftsman at all.
  • User
    10 år siden
    I like the entrance rails with the horse head caps!
  • Nugzar Tsaguria
    10 år siden
    this is pleasant, good dwellings!
  • User
    10 år siden
    I think you've obscured the wonderful Craftsman character with the reno, sorry...
  • Lauren
    10 år siden
    I agree with bluenan (sorry). I would have looked at some old pictures of a house with a similar layout.
  • PRO
    Nevin Nelson Design Inc.
    10 år siden
    Judyg, I loved your comment and the other house. Funny. And I agree!
  • Patricia Earehart
    10 år siden
    It's a little quirky but I like it! Who says every house has to appeal to everyone? Some times you have to do what can be done without tearing out all the sub-structure. I think this was a good fix for an obvious serious structural problem.
  • janelouisekennedy
    10 år siden
    If ever there was an argument for the involvement of an architect, surely this is it. What a shame.
  • User
    10 år siden
    OH, this is a residence? I thought it was a restaurant...know I feel dumb to myself LOL
  • User
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Don't feel dumb, I initially thought it was a public building also. I think it's the stairs/ramp thing on the side and the people milling around.
  • User
    10 år siden
    Yeah bluenan- exactly!
  • lkg1984
    10 år siden
    What a shame. I wish you could get a do-over. You should have kept the original pillars and posts, shored up the porch floor, and ditched the ugly low fascia. If shade was what you were after, some pretty fabric awnings could have been added where needed. And are the all the bars on the windows really necessary?
  • lkg1984
    10 år siden
    And I'm curious about the choice of fancy, turned balusters in the porch railing, when craftsman would call for 1x1 spindles or 1x6 boards.
    Here's a better approach:
    A new craftsman bungalow with historic charm. · Mere information
  • PRO
    Arlene Awarda Architect
    10 år siden
    The brick piers are more majestic! maybe they should consider putting them back in!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.