lisagiacomi

advice on a new sofa

lisa gee
5 år siden

hello -

i'd like to move the loveseat into our adjoining den and replace it with a sofa for more seating (plan move the chair into another room as well). Thought this could be an opportunity to bring some color into the room. What style/color would you suggest?

also, that would leave me having to get rid of the side table as the sofa would be longer (although that door is only opened when we need to get large furniture in or out). what would i do for lighting then?

and i know those pictures look strange. that is my son's artwork. planning on a gallery wall with his work in frames so this is just temporary.

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    Bayberry Cottage
    5 år siden

You can bring in color in a variety of ways. You could simply go with a neutral colored couch and then add a colorful rug, pillows, throw, and art. Here are some of our designs that might aid you with this dilemma:

Azalea Cottage - Living Room · Mere information

Azalea Cottage - Living Room · Mere information

The Wayfarer · Mere information

Living Room · Mere information

lisa gee thanked Bayberry Cottage
  • PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    5 år siden

Sofa table behind new sofa and lamps.

lisa gee thanked Jodie White Designs
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

So you will now have 2 mismatched sofas and not one bit more seating not sure what you are trying to do. IMO mismatched sofas in a space look odd maybe what you should do is a huge U shaped sectional where there are lots of seats just not very comfortable if just more seating is the plan

lisa gee thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • lisa gee
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

it would be very helpful for me to move the loveseat in the other room replacing a sofa that is older and dated and to replace it with a sofa which would give seating in that room. i love the idea of a pop of color with a new sofa! too much brown right now.

• lisa gee
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Nanke - I am so sorry it took me so long to thank you. your suggestions regarding color and style were very very helpful!!

• lisa gee
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

bayberry - beautiful rooms. thank you for sending those pics!

• decoenthusiaste
    5 år siden

Since all three of your dilemmas involve the same room, why not just stick to one thread? This is confusing to break it up into parts and separate posts.

• chloebud
    5 år siden

I don't think you can go wrong with a neutral sofa color. The one I chose for our family room is very close in color to the one in Bayberry's 4th photo. So easy to work with.

• Laura Harper
    5 år siden

I would definitely think that a mustard yellow or rustic colors in general would go great with your room! Also, if you don't want to have colored couches, incorporate some colored throw pillows for pops of color!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.