queeni1951

suggestions for patio flooring

queeni1951
5 år siden
Does anyone have a suggestion what to use for our patio “floor” as this stone is on all three walls and is definitely a pattern/busy. We need something that is not too busy.

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

Yes please.

• queeni1951
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you. I will send updated pics later today....
  • PRO
    Yardvaark
    5 år siden

I agree that you need to show the overall space with the house in the background.

It is possible to use a unit paver such that the finished product would not compete with the house wall material. You'd want to avoid busyness in the new material for sure. Also, I think you'd want to use a contrasting but compatible color. Red (as in brick red) or charcoal seem like contenders. In general, I avoid the brown/tan/beige/orange/yellow range as I think it looks less classy. Another material you might consider is ground, stained concrete. It is possible to create the look of massive slabs of stone with it. Warning, you'd need to get a contractor who is experienced with it, not doing it for their first time or two as there is a learning curve. (If they don't screed it flat, it can require too much grinding.) By "grinding", I'm not talking about polishing, which is the rage now. Just grinding flat such that the stones in the concrete are exposed and cut. The look is like granite or terrazzo.

• User
    5 år siden

Add warmth through wood. That’s one cold and hard looking stone.

• queeni1951
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Yardvaark,

We were hoping to use stone like pavers or concrete with colorant. I think the larger the better; none od the five stone paver patterns.
    The house is gray stucco. I will post pics once I return to house tomorrow.

Sophie Wheeler,
    Yes, wood would definitely warm the space up. It would have to be Trex as we do not want maintenance of a wood floor even though the majority of it is under cover.
  • PRO
    DJSquire Designs
    5 år siden

Might try a larger patio paver such as Belgard Catalina Grana in a lighter color. Colors completely depend on what region of the country you are located in.

https://www.belgard.com/products/pavers/catalina-grana

Montecito

Aspen

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.