kellybeasley1991

Recently taken on fixer upper. Need everyone's ideas!

kellybeasley1991
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

Hi everyone! I've recently taken on a fixer upper. Obviously walls will be repainted. What are everyone's thoughts on things I should do?

Alright. Here's the outside. What changes would look best to you all? Probably definitely a darker roof/shingles. What color shutters/trim do you all think?

(18) kommentarer

• always1stepbehind
    5 år siden

Definitely paint will do a world of good. LOVE the room with the beams and 2nd fireplace :-) For the kitchen, is new cabinets and countertops in the plan or just working with what you have. And to clarify, this will be your home or you fixing and selling?

kellybeasley1991 thanked always1stepbehind
  • PRO
    DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
    5 år siden

You're right about the paint! Definitely needs to be more cohesive in the dinning/living rooms! What kind of investment are you looking at right now? Full gut of the kitchen or just a quick update until later?

A quick update in the kitchen could start with removing the valance! Nothing screams 1985 like a scalloped valance! Also repaint in here too. Get rid of the red over the cabinets and try some trim molding on the top of the cabinets. A properly sized hood would do wonders as well. ( I'm guessing they took the 36" range with them!! LOL!) Those would be the quickest changes for the smallest investment I can see. Also, if you don't like the back splash you could take it down and paint for now until you decide to invest in a bigger plan.

A bigger plan would be full gut of everything including the wall to the living room. At that point go hire a professional!!

The house looks like it has loads of potential! Good buy!!

kellybeasley1991 thanked DreamMaker Bath & Kitchen
  • kellybeasley1991
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Definitely new granite countertops and new sink. Not sure about cabinets right now. Thinking of making it my own home!

• kellybeasley1991
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Probably just a quick update for now! Thank you both so much for your awesome feedback.

• kellybeasley1991
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thinking of updating vanity! I've added a picture of outside which better shows some of the work that needs to be done outside.

• pamelamacleod
    5 år siden
    First thing is to cut down the trees that are hiding the front door. I would spend some money on landscaping which will give the house an immediate lift. Please keep us posted.
  • PRO
    Verona Home Design
    5 år siden

I agree with pamelamacleod about the landscaping! I'm also a little concerned with how close that large tree is to the right side of the house. It's roots could do decent damaged to your foundation.

• chiflipper
    5 år siden

Have the big tree checked out. Removing any "threatening" limbs, and having the crown "thinned", is much easier and cheaper before storm damage occurs.

• Madi Ha
    5 år siden

change out hardware on kitchen cabinets.

paint hte fireplace brick white.

• Bri Bosh
    5 år siden
    What’s the budget?
  • nosoccermom
    5 år siden

And what do you plan to do with the house, i.e. live in it, rent it, flip it?

• Harper
    5 år siden
    following
  • arokes726
    5 år siden
    I would say that the roof if a priority before you start worrying about what you are doing with the kitchen.
  • kellybeasley1991
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Sorry, I forgot to mention that having a few trees removed was part the plan (as well as landscaping). The budget is around 40k and I am planning to live in it myself!

• Bri Bosh
    5 år siden
    40k will cover the roof and some exterior work. Are you planning on doing DIY?
  • zmith
    5 år siden

Cute house! I know others have already mentioned this, but taking care of the roof and gutters should be at the top of the list. Exterior paint then paint the interior and refinish the floors. Window treatments and better lighting if there's any money left.

• nosoccermom
    5 år siden

In what shape are the roof, gutters, floors, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, windows, etc?

Did you get an inspection?

Also, roof and simple landscaping aren't going to run 40K.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.