sharon_fender

Small Bathroom help

sharon fender
5 år siden
I have a very small Bathroom which is further restricted by a large window and bulkhead.
I have 2 designs. Design 1 is same as we now have but would include furniture with sink and a large mirror/cupboard.
Design 2 means there is no mirror above sink as it would be under window.
Our builder has suggested blocking window in bathroom putting up large mirror, and have light/ fan come on when door opens (hotel style)
The window permanently has blind closed as it’s at front of house.
I have included photos, please help
SF

(17) kommentarer

• cornwallsharon
    5 år siden

I've lived with a bathroom that had no window for the past 6 years and I can tell you that I HATE it. Truly, truly HATE it. I'd do anything to avoid a windowless bathroom again. I know you say the blinds are always closed anyway, but trust me, the amount of light you still get in is worth it! Can you have a mirror on the wall beside the sink? So you'd keep the window and turn 90 degrees to look in the mirror?

• sharon fender
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you for reply, what you have said is what I was thinking could be the case, and I would regret it ..
    I think I may go for other design or maybe what you have suggested .
  • Tani H-S
    5 år siden
    Like these:-
  • Alessandra
    5 år siden
    How about having something like this picture? Even if the stile isn’t perhaps your cup of tea, you can find billions of photos on google of mirrors fitted in front of a window. It would still allow part of the light in, and depending on how it’s fitted you may still be able to fully open the window. It’s a bit unusual, granted, but that might not be a bad thing?

Anyway, Good luck with your choice!
  • Alessandra
    5 år siden
    Tani, hilarious! We are in sync :) love a good google search!
  • minnie101
    5 år siden

You haven't included the designs or measurements but I'm assuming given where the sink is now the vanity may go on the left wall?? I wouldn't lose the window with the loss of light plus it may look strange architecturally on the exterior Of the house?

• E D
    5 år siden

[This might help[(https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/small-bathroom-further-photos-dsvw-vd~5407217?n=0)

Sharon fender, maybe you can add those photos to this thread.

• PRO
    Hitchings & Thomas Ltd
    5 år siden

I agree with above. Keep the window. The mirrors look s great idea that Tani suggested

• sharon fender
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you everyone for all your help , I won’t get rid of window I think your opinions have convinced me.
    I have added design pics to this thread now
    SF
  • Tani H-S
    5 år siden
    Only comment on the second layout is about the wc facing you as you enter the door. It’s generally best to avoid this if you can but depends on your options of course.
    Could even swap them around perhaps ie basin and sink
  • chloeloves
    5 år siden
    I think you should stick with your current layout (option 1) as it works best for the space. I would consider etched glass or privacy glass so you can have blinds raised. Once you have updated all the furniture I’m sure it will feel like a different bathroom even with the same layout.
  • E D
    5 år siden

Wouldn't it be easier to compare layouts if they're both done with the same aspect?

Can you still do that?

• sharon fender
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you Chloeloves we do have frosted glass but can still see when lights on and as there is a bus stop over road it’s not ideal
  • sharon fender
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I think your right chloeloves it will still look completely different as we are stripping it out completely so it’s new tiles/flooring etc
  • sharon fender
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I don’t know what you mean ED ?
  • Kathy
    5 år siden
    Do not remove the window! Replace the glass with opaque glass for privacy. You won't need a blind.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.