alan_harnedy

What direction do the skylights face?

Alan H
5 år siden
I'm wondering if the skylights should face south to get as much sun as possible - or north to avoid excessive heat/light at midday? thanks
Heaton Road · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Butterfield Architecture
    5 år siden

Generally skylights can face any direction to obtain the most sun/day light for the space. If you are worried about excessive heat gain, there are also blinds both electric and manual that can be fixed to them, to avoid the heat gain at midday. Hope that helps

Alan H thanked Butterfield Architecture
  • Alan H
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

yes thanks, very helpful. So is the pent/asymmetric roof because of the layout of the existing house or because of the internal layout? Looks great in any event

• PRO
    Butterfield Architecture
    5 år siden

Thank you, it was a great project to work on and one we are very proud of. In relation to the asymmetric roof, we followed the existing pitch line, then on the one side brought it down to meet the new extension and make it one.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.