f2468

Apartment Reno to improve ROI

F2468
5 år siden
Hello all. We are selling our 2 bedroom unit and I’m interested in your opinion on which of the following (or anything else) is best to spend some $ for ROI (repainting will be done as a first step). Will also be getting advice from Agent.

Window coverings - possibly curtains for sliding doors, Romans for smaller windows
New Flooring - carpet only or combo carpet (bedrooms) / laminate
Lighting - downlights throughout
Kitchen benchtop & sink
Styling

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Let's Revamp - Property Styling and Decorating
    5 år siden

Hi there!

Seems like you have all the right ideas already to get the best return. I definitely agree that a fresh paint job will make a world of difference. Depending on your budget, I would start with both the flooring and the window coverings (can't speak on the kitchen as I can't see much of it).

Replacing the carpet in the Living/Dining area for floorboards/laminate would definitely help. Especially as the Dining area is currently on carpet which can often be seen as an issue for buyers. The carpet in the bedrooms seem to be in good condition so I wouldn't worry too much about those.

I agree with your choices for the window coverings! With lighting, I think only if the budget permits - wouldn't say that it should be the number one priority.

Not sure of your location but we are a Property Styling company based in Sydney and would love to help you get the best return through our Styling services. If not, a good starting point for you would be to remove any personal items (ie. photo frames, belongings, etc.) and opt for all-white Doona covers with cushions adding pops of colour.

All the best!

- Elena

• Tracy Oliver
    5 år siden
    In terms of window treatments, I would probably just take down the existing vertical blinds. I wouldn't spend on curtains or roman blinds, taste is very individual. If you wanted to put something up, mayber just roller blinds on the windows? You can get pretty cheap made to measure ones at Bunnings etc.
  • David D
    5 år siden

Hi I'm an agent.

Do the carpet and the paint.

Don't bother with the window coverings or the kitchen bench.

Tell your agent to tell prospective buyers that they themselves will increase value and ROI by redoing the kitchen etc at some stage in the future.

If you do everything, you will come out behind,

good luck

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.