jeannie_nguyen

Shades of Sunday: Have you used Nontoxic Paint?

Jeannie Nguyen
10 år siden
sidst ændret:10 år siden
Hey Houzzers, how has your holiday weekend been? Hopefully you had some time to yourself and ready to tackle today's Shades of Sunday discussion!

Today's Topic: Nontoxic Paint! Have you used a specific brand of nontoxic paint? What would you recommend and how was your experience with the smell, color, and overall application/process? I personally have never gone through my own paint project, but would love to hear your suggestions for the future! :)

See the Ideabook (2nd photo) about Nontoxic paint and tweet us your suggestions, comments, and experiences! Or share them down below.

Twitter: @houzz
https://twitter.com/houzz

https://www.houzz.com/magazine/nontoxic-paint-101-stsetivw-vs~1859045

(13) kommentarer

• PRO
    Karyn Walker Art, Lake Silver Studios
    10 år siden
    SUPER SPECand zero VOC products from Benjamin Moore are GREAT, no odors, great coverage !
  • dclostboy
    10 år siden
    I've loved the results with Aura...really expensive, but good coverage, little smell and was able to use the room that same day.
  • PRO
    Greener Stock
    10 år siden
    We love Earthpaint clay-based paint. Low VOCs, low odor, self-priming, and very affordable. They also offer a wide range of wood stains and sealers.
  • guszie
    10 år siden
    if it is furniture or a smaller project,Annie Sloan chalk paint , no prep , no prime ,just paint ,wax if you like your done*)
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 år siden
    Natura from Benjamin is a great low voc paint great coverage no smell also emerald is 100% no voc even with the colorant expensive but it works great
  • PRO
    Amy Wax
    10 år siden
    I have used the Benjamin Moore products - Natura (no VOC) and Aura (low VOC)and they both covered well. Recently I started using Mythic Paint which claims to be much healthier than the Benjamin Moore products. I also use the Color911 app for my color inspiration, don't think I'll ever paint again without it!
  • bluewillow272
    10 år siden
    I have used Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint, no need to prime or prep beforehand, beautiful colours which you can also mix yourself. I've painted furniture with it which must be waxed afterwards & results have been great. Will be using it on bedroom walls next week because we'll need to move in straightaway and this wouldn't be possible with regular paint and its nasty odours.
  • PRO
    Color Zen
    10 år siden
    I love Ben Moore's Natura! You can sleep in the room the same day you paint. I have also been meaning to try Mythic.
  • rcgiggles
    10 år siden
    When we moved into our house we used AFM Safecoat paints. They've been around for years and are also used in hospitals. Once you use it, it prevents outgassing from any previous paint used before which is a HUGE plus! It's a tad expensive but there was no smell and we'll definitely use it again. It's very good for people with allergies, chemical sensitivities as well.
  • Stacey Hodgson
    10 år siden
    Weve used Resenes VOC Free paint. Great coverage. No smell. Easy to apply. Just a word of caution. Its really hard to get childrens dirty marks off.
  • Kristin Meredith
    10 år siden
    I highly recommend you try ROMA. They are based in Atlanta, GA but they ship everywhere. I chose them because I had seen a lot of their products used by reputable designers and architects in several magazines. I loved the look of their plasters, paints and stains. What really got my attention was visiting their studio where they actually mix all of their products. There was no smell anywhere but I didn't realize what I was missing until I went into a Porter Paints store afterwards. The fumes in the Porter Paints store were overwhelming. ROMA has a houzz profile, I think ROMA Eco Sustainable Building Technologies is how they are listed. Check it out!!
    Jeannie Nguyen thanked Kristin Meredith
  • Donna Allgaier-Lamberti
    10 år siden
    I'm glad to hear about the other non toxic options out there and esp. glad that so many other are aware of the issue and are choosing them. Everyone will benefit! Thanks everyone for contributing!
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.