katie_swerda

Anyone heard of Thomasville Nouveau Cabinets?

Katie
5 år siden

I'm renovating a small kitchen on a tight budget. I'd love frameless cabs for my small kitchen because they give you more usable space. I'd use Ikea except they don't have some of the sizes I need, and the other frameless lines are either very expensive or get bad reviews here. I just happened upon the Thomasville Nouveu line. Has anyone heard of it? Can you recommend it?

(23) kommentarer

• User
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

You must be Canadian. I think they’re made by KitchenCraft there. Frameless. Different than TV us which is equivalent to framed Diamond/Kemper/Schrock.

Katie thanked User
  • Katie
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

I actually live in the Washington, D.C. exurbs. There are some Home Depots in my area that offer Thomasville Nouveau. I take it, then, that it may have nothing in common with Thomasville other than the name. That's a pity, since the general opinion here that TV/Diamond/Kemper is good for the price-point led me to consider these lines.

• User
    5 år siden

Budget and frameless aren’t words that go together, unless you DIY IKEA. Moderate priced frameless would be KitchenCraft, Omega Full Access, Wellborn, and DuraSupreme. None of it is Italian. Or German. And you have to be careful with the KD. Not everyone can design in it correctly.

Katie thanked User
  • Katie
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you for the valuable advice, Sophie. I did explore KitchenCraft, but the designer did not seem confident. I'll have to give up on frameless.

• PRO
    Thomasville Cabinetry
    5 år siden

Thank you for your interest in Thomasville Nouveau cabinets. As you mentioned, Nouveau cabinets are frameless, giving you greater access to the contents in your cabinets. Thomasville Nouveau has a range of styles and finishes to suit any palate, whether you’re looking for something edgy and on-trend with today’s latest designs, or something more transitional for comfortable easy living. Backed by a limited lifetime warranty, you can rest assured you are making a great choice.

• Phaedra Dowell
    5 år siden
    did you end up using thomasville nouveau cabs?
  • julieste
    4 år siden

Yes, I want to know about these too. My local in FLA Home Depot carries this line.

• Phaedra Dowell
    4 år siden

I didn’t end up purchasing, but I got very far in the planning process. Because of the frameless design, there are several limitations like for instance that you can’t make ovens flush (this is the reason I didn’t choose these). There didn’t seem to be good support. Took forever to get samples of the front of doors, to get questions answered, etc (this might have been a Home Depot thing though). Seems like a relatively good deal for frameless cabs, but can’t comment on the quality.

• julieste
    4 år siden

I can't find any build quality info at all anywhere, and this makes me suspicious.

• Phaedra Dowell
    4 år siden

I couldn’t either. It was another concern I had with the cabinets.

• Ashley Nolan
    4 år siden

we are interested in these as well. if anyone has actually purchase these, plz comment!

• tryingtounderstand
    4 år siden

Interesting that Alder is considered premium up here and most companies charge extra, that is if they can even source it out. HD did not charge xtra.

• PRO
    User
    4 år siden

Canada Thomasville is not the same company as US Thomasville. In the US, Thomasville IS Diamond.

• tryingtounderstand
    4 år siden

@ the cook’s, very interesting. Diamond is sold at Lowe’s and Thomasville at HD. Diamond had very limited stain selection, I.e. 6. The difference in price, though is considerable. 19k for Diamond vs 13k for Thomasville. do you know if there is a big difference in their quality ?

• PRO
    User
    4 år siden

Diamond has several levels of product. I’m just not sure about Canadian offerings. I know this side of the border pretty well though.

• tryingtounderstand
    4 år siden

@cooks, thank you for the info.

• julieste
    4 år siden

The Cook's Kitchen

Since you know US lines well, can you comment on (or rank) the quality of these lower priced frameless cabinet companies? Thomasville Nouveau at Home Depot (which I believe you said is really Diamond) , Modica at Lowe's, HDI Euro Style https://hdicabinetry.com/euro-series , and IKEA. We want frameless and contemporary but just can't justify the big bucks for some of the pricier frameless lines.

I guess my question is really whether there truly is a difference in quality among the lower priced, frameless cabinet companies. Thanks.

• tryingtounderstand
    4 år siden

In Canada, frameless is very typical. Nouveau HD, Diamond Lowe’s, local and Canadian Made such as Richelieu are pricing very comparatively. Looks like quality is similar. Some though do have metal sides on the drawers. Therefore, I most likely will go with HD due to their customization, colour and species (alder) choices.

• Kitchen Reno
    3 år siden

Just curious, what did you decide? I am planning my kitchen now. I am also looking at Thomasville Nouveau, Imprezza from Lowe's and Woodcrest from Home Hardware. MDF, frameless. They all appear to be exactly the same.

• Suparn Gupta
    sidste år

For anyone coming to this in 2023, here’s what I found from HD on the Nouveau line

• by default, they use particleboard for box construction
    • you can upgrade to 5/8” plywood throughout, no 3/4” available
    • the hardware is no name brand, not blum. But soft close slides and hinges by default
    • very limited in paint colors, waiting for the rep to confirm if the do custom color
  • Suparn Gupta
    sidste år

Drawer boxes are solid maple dovetailed. I didn’t like the workmanship on the joints though, so items use exposed nails.

• Linda Phommachanh
    sidste måned

Hi Suparn - Which cabinets did you end up going with?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.