melone925

curtain panels dilemma

melone925
5 år siden
I would like to hand panel curtains on each side of my sliders. I’m really stuck on what color and pattern or no pattern to use in the curtains. Could really use some ideas. Thanks

(10) kommentarer

• lizziesma
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Do you need them for privacy? Looks like you have a beautiful backyard view. I might think about hanging a roll down shade in the area and light the porch area with some fairy lights at night. That way you wouldn't have the "big black hole" in the evening. Just me, nancy naysayer, not a pro...

• lizziesma
    5 år siden

Otherwise, a filmy fabric in wall color.

• PRO
    NIELSEN DYE DESIGN, INC.
    5 år siden

I would suggest that you don't put your window coverings on both sides of the sliding doors....pull them all to the right (which means that you will probably need to move/get rid of that greenery hanging in the corner). Your room will feel more open if pulled to the one side....and I am sure that you will not need to close often. I would suggest a neutral solid, possible a linen/poly blend to give the fabric some weight but would compliment the area rug. Good luck!

• melone925
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    I don’t need curtains for privacy. I just kind feel it looks naked and wanted to soften the room by maybe adding “narrow”panels on each side ?
  • tonyflybaloney
    5 år siden
    Two different solutions if you would still like to hang something.
  • Melissa Derrig
    5 år siden
    I have two patio doors in my home and have gone both ways with panels (one side, both sides). I know what you mean about “softening the look” and totally agree. Even with little space, I’ve found I like having a panel on both sides. Making your own is harder in that you can’t try a color or pattern and then return and go another direction if you don’t like it, which was the case in my great room. I have a casual stripe look in the kitchen and a sheet linen with more of a contrast in the great room. Hope this helps as I’ve struggled in this home with these windows for 27 years
  • silviakunst
    5 år siden
    Yes , you are right ...hang something in the Lightest color of your rug ...is it beige ? Eggshell ! ..no pattern !
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

There is nothing cheapy looking like skinny panels hung on either side of a window. IMO if you want drapes they need to full enough to be able to close even if you never close them and I don’t think you have enough space for stackback on either side of that window. Your space looks just perfect without them.

• backbayfishing
    5 år siden
    ma in michigan, love your idea for fairy lights outside, I've got a couple of places that could work for me! Thanks, k in alabama...
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.