webuser_962159630

Kitchen cabinet material

Sujithra
5 år siden
Could you please tell me what material is used for the kitchen cabinets? I’m trying to get my kitchen designed in a similar way. But I’m told by my designer that it’s possible only with MDF and not plywood. Since I want a white kitchen , solid wood is also not possible according to my designer. Please advice.
Thank you in advance for any inputs!
Sunshine · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Inner Space
    5 år siden

Hi Sujithra! Thanks for reaching out! What we've used here is a combination of waterproof plywood and solid wood shutters. The same is possible for a white kitchen as well

• Sujithra
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you for getting back to me. Could you please tell me how to get this in white finish? Can you paint solid wood white?

Also, what is your opinion on getting just the shutters in MDF (membrane finish) and the rest of the frame and shelves in plywood? Is that technically possible? If yes, what are the disadvantages of going with this design?
  • PRO
    Inner Space
    5 år siden

Yes you could do the carcass in ply & shutters in MDF and you can paint the shutters white. Of course you would need to ensure the painting finish etc. is perfect.

• Sujithra
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thank you so much for all your advice!
    Would you be kind enough to explain the cons of having the shutters in MDF in membrane finish?
    Like,
    will the white colour turn yellow with age?
    how good/bad will be the heat and water resistance properties?
    Does it emit any toxins?
    Or is there any other disadvantages that I need to be aware of before making this choice.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • PRO
    Inner Space
    5 år siden
    MDF with membrane was a popular choice 4-5 years ago when there were other limited options. membrane if not pressed well might peel at the edges. Also it's a bit sensitive to heat near the cooking/baking areas. Solid wood shutters might be a better choice
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.