nadinelama

Ceiling/trim/doors

Lama
10 år siden
Should i paint the ceiling or trim a different color or keep white? I will paint the doors mahogany to make them lighter...good idea?

(13) kommentarer

• karemore55
    10 år siden
    I would keep them white. You could paint the ceiling a very pale sky blue for extra interest, but if you ever want to change the wall cover you might have to re-paint the ceiling also. Not much fun!
  • Liz Salvo
    10 år siden
    I like the white!
  • Liz Salvo
    10 år siden
    I think the white looks great...beautiful job!
  • PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    I agree with Diamond Custom Finishes. Even carrying the wall color to the ceiling and leaving the trim white would add a little elegance.

It's hard to say on the doors without really seeing them though.
  • PRO
    Diamond Custom Finishes
    10 år siden
    The white or off white trim (crown molding) works well with the doors being the same, but can work well with the doors being a natural wood. I could also see the doors in mahogany, the door trim, baseboards and crown molding being in mahogany with the walls and ceilings being two tones. This is a much richer look and one where the wood is the accent and the walls are warm.
  • Lama
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Diamond custom finish i agree. Perhaps something similar to my old apartment in the photo? Only the wall and ceiling would be two tones instead of same tone?
  • PRO
    Diamond Custom Finishes
    10 år siden
    Yes, adds richness don't you agree? The color change can be a half tone, very subtle will work well.
  • Lama
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    If i will be using same old furniture as in the photo, which will look better? trim mahogany and ceiling same tone as wall, or trim white and ceiling a different tone than the wall
  • libradesigneye
    10 år siden
    Trim mahogany and ceiling half step lighter than wall.
  • Lanitra Bynum
    10 år siden
    All of your trim and doors should be white and put white trim at the bottom. Window trim also white. Make sure you use a high gloss white for your trim and doors.
  • PRO
    Diamond Custom Finishes
    10 år siden
    The white trim will make your room lighter and brighter and look a little larger too. If you want a richer look then freshen up the wood color and add color to your walls and ceiling.
  • PRO
    The Turning Point woodworks Inc.
    10 år siden
    I think two shades of white would look really good. The inner most ceiling being whiter than the out part.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.