kristen_dj

Kitchen worktop dilemma

Kristen DeJong
5 år siden

Hi folks, looking for some advice on the finishing touches of our kitchen installation (and broader reno).

A) doing a grey Himacs worktop or sticking a worktop in the same warm white matt lam as our cabinetry (Formica Alpino)

B) square white subway tile splashback vs upstand in the worktop material above (note: we already have the tiles and they're a slightly cooler white than the laminate, so worried it will look funny)

For reference, the kitchen wall and ceiling paint is Little Greene Heat and China Clay in that order.

Advice welcome!

My wonderful PPT mock up below (!!)

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    DIY Kitchens
    5 år siden

Hi Kristen,

Choosing the right worktop is a tough one and there is no easy way to decide. However, there are 71 white kitchen examples here that may be able to give you some food for thought.

• PRO
    User
    5 år siden

I think the worktop is down to personal choice, I think maybe i'd go for the white if it were me. I don't like the tiles with either of the worktops though. I'd go for an up stand and / or different tiles. How about a frosted / matt / brushed glass splash back to match the same colour as the worktop. I recently ordered one from Splashbacksuk had it finished in the same f&b as the walls, looks great.

Kitchen / Dining Room / Snug Renovation · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.