sarah_king74

Help with kitchen floor tiles

Sarah King
5 år siden
sidst ændret:5 år siden

Having a contemporary style kitchen extension with large glass roof lantern. painted white kitchen cupboards and walls . Large 600 x 600 square Porcelain floor tiles in white with grey marble type vein. Unsure weather to go for gloss or Matt finish. Any advice would be appreciated looked up on pros v cons on both.

(5) kommentarer

• irenecb
    5 år siden

Hi Sarah, I think contrast usually adds a wow to any scheme. I think if your kitchen cabinet unit/doors are matt then go gloss on the floor tiles. I think if the cabinets are gloss then do a matt floor. Another consideration is how you want the room to feel. The polished gloss version will throw around more light and bounce off the surface. I recently had my very small bathroom re-tiled. We used the marble effect polished white/grey veined tiles. The light bouncing off everything feels so glamorous. Also when adding value to your home - adding space or adding light adds value.

Sarah King thanked irenecb
  • Jonathan
    5 år siden
    Since everything in the room is white I don’t think you need to worry about light.
    I agree that contrast is good and for that reason would put a colour on the walls to frame your white cabinets.
    I think real marble is not glossy and a Matt finish on your tiles would probably look more expensive- having had glossy kitchen tiles and had to clean them I would never have them again.
  • Sarah King
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thanks Jonathan for your reply, very appreciative

• PRO
    IT Tiles
    5 år siden

Tend to agree with the first comment. If you are painting cupboards matt then a gloss finish could look great, especially with all of the light from the lantern. Also, size wise, they go well upward of 600x600 now, we have options up to 160x160, although the most popular size is 800x800 as the oversized slabs look great on larger floors.

Sarah King thanked IT Tiles
  • PRO
    Walls and Floors
    5 år siden

Matt tiles are a really popular trend right now.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.