keswing

Open Plan Flooring - What direction looks best?

keswing
5 år siden

Hi, we're debating what direction the flooring in our open plan space should be. Price aside what do you think aesthetically looks the best? Our main entry into the space will be from the hall into the kitchen. The flooring we have chosen is Quick Step Livyn, a glue down LVT.

Picture 1 - diagonal

Picture 2 - vertical

or Picture 3 - horizontal

(9) kommentarer

• Carolina
    5 år siden

To me, picture 2, vertical, feels the best.

keswing thanked Carolina
  • User
    5 år siden
    vertical for me
    keswing thanked User
  • PRO
    More Architecture
    5 år siden

I would go with vertical.

keswing thanked More Architecture
  • Alyson Jones
    5 år siden
    I would also recommend vertical
    keswing thanked Alyson Jones
  • PRO
    Ace Your Space
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Would actually vary it. If the floor changes direction, it helps to separate spaces very subtlety in terms of use. Going across makes a room feel wider so I would do picture 3 horizontal, but change the kitchen and dining section to vertical. I show a photo of an entrance corridor to a bedroom. The change in direction marks where the bedroom ends and the corridor begins.

keswing thanked Ace Your Space
  • Daisy England
    5 år siden
    No 2 vertical
    keswing thanked Daisy England
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

The rule for the flooring is to go running towards the windows, so definitely vertical :) Have you considered herringbone pattern? It looks really nice and it's a strong design statement. https://www.designangels.co.uk/product-page/andira-wood-effect-floor-tile

keswing thanked User
  • keswing
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thanks everybody for your comments, we've decided to go with the majority and get the floor laid vertically. The vinyl tiles are now ordered and will be fitted in the next couple of weeks, I'm so excited, walking on concrete is not comfortable!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.