webuser_322573312

painting wardrobes

Could anyone advise if it is worth painting these wardrobes - wood with veneer finish. I like the picture attached but any colour suggestions welcom

(7) kommentarer

• PRO
    John Grantham
    5 år siden
    I’d go the grey that’s on the wall just make sure you get a good undercoat so it doesn’t all peel off. The wardrobes are probably better built that you could get these days, good luck.
  • delyth price
    5 år siden
    They would look lovely painted in that colour and with different handles, I agree with Forzaitalia, don’t use chalk paint, I use Farrow and Ball eggshell for all my projects, and the results are lovely
  • chloeloves
    5 år siden
    Go for it! Use Zinsser primer it sticks to anything!
  • Jonathan
    5 år siden
    I think they will look very plain when painted. I think you need to add some beading to the doors for visual interest.
    Personally I think confident colours look great and might even consider painting the walls in the same colour. Currently I am drawn to Sulking Room Pink (Farrow and Ball) which seems to look great with navy, indigo, whites or greens so is very versatile.
  • PRO
    User
    5 år siden

I use Satinwood for my wood projects it's a lot harder wearing than Eggshell, which can chip if you're not careful. It's great, but if you stand any chance of knocking it at all, or in high traffic areas, such as kitchen cupboards.

I like Armstead or Leyland primer for wood.

When you're sanding, don't go bonkers, just a light shim over as it's not solid wood, be careful on your corners and edges or you can go through to the chip board underneath.

Go for it, it'll look great.

• Houzz-bruger-ID-322573312
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thanks for all of the great advice. Much appreciated.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.