lori_anderson78

New Home Design Need Some Finishing Touches

Lori Anderson
5 år siden
Here is a rendering of a new home we are designing in Central Oregon. We want to keep it clean and simple but it’s lacking something. Thinking about lintels over the windows or changing completely with a rusted metal roof instead of dark bronze. Opinions and/or suggestions?

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

PRO

Patricia Colwell Consulting

A heck of a lot of good landscaping in a place where everything grows and please no lintels on those windows.If you like the Corten steel stuff use it in your landscaping it is awesome.It can add dimension looks awesome with your brick, I think I would not do the roof I like that the way it is it works with the entry.

• Sammie J
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I agree with the comments on landscaping ... also, I'd think about changing the garage doors to some that are less of a dark hole. They really dominate the front of your home.

• PRO
    David D. Quillin Architecture
    5 år siden

I think the home itself looks pretty good. The stone is a very nice wall material, and I like the bronze roof. The biggest issue is that the garage dominates the house. How about rotating the garage 90 degrees so that the garage doors face the same way as, and are parallel with, the front door? Then you could use landscaping to screen the doors and focus attention on the house. One other idea is to extend the roof overhangs and install brackets beneath, in order to give more depth and shadow-lines to your walls...

• joycedjay
    5 år siden
    I think the wood posts on the porch look skimpy. And there are lots of small windows. Garage doors and driveway are too dark. Landscaping will do a lot for the home!
  • PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    5 år siden

I'd beef up the window trim and wood posts, and then change the garage doors so that they're not such a show-stealer. Then invest in good landscaping.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.