carsonp

Spacing of pendants for asymmetrical island??

carsonp
5 år siden

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are finally getting to see our massive kitchen remodel come to a close and I am sooo happy with the results. My only issue, now, is that I am stumped about the pendants. When we first started the remodel we were not planning on having the overhang on the far side of the island, however after the spacing for the cabinets were laid out I decided we needed to extend the counter top to allow for additional bar stool seating. Before the overhang, I planned to have 2 pendants evenly spaced on each side of the sink (sink is center of the cabinets, however not center of the island) however now with the extended counters I am starting to doubt that. The cabinet portion of the island is about 120" long, and the counter is about 152" long. I don't want to have the seating area at the end of the island to be without light, so I am thinking I should get a third pendant and put one dead center on the countertops and then space the remaining two evenly from the middle one and not factor in the sink at all. What are your thoughts?

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Edvivi Lighting
    5 år siden

This should be helpful. We have a great selection of pendants at great prices!

• PRO
    Jim Misner Light Designs
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

In my opinion...I would not worry about centering on the sink..the least offensive solution would be to distribute lamps evenly over the length of the counter whether 2 or 3 of them. From every other vantage point it would make more symmetrical sense to distribute evenly over counter. Alternately...you could have one very slim long modern suspension type fixture drop from two points on the ceiling over island as in attached photo.

Jim

carsonp thanked Jim Misner Light Designs
  • PRO
    Jim Misner Light Designs
    5 år siden

Sorry...couldn't upload photo...file too big....but perhaps you get the idea.

• carsonp
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

These are the pendants we will be using.. We have the Kichler Brinley triple light fixture of the same style above the front door and we plan to do the even larger one of the same style in the dining room which is adjacent to the kitchen. I think the best route for us to go is to do three, with one lamp centered directly over the center of the countertop and then evenly spacing the other two across the length of the counters.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.