bergiesgirl

Is it Normal to Obsess over a Faucet

bergiesgirl
5 år siden

Who would think you could have so much angst over picking a faucet. I have pinned so many faucet looks I have lost count. Sadly, even though its so pretty I doht think chrome Hansgrohe High Arc faucet works with all the warm tones in our kitchen. Needless to say I thought I would be going all grey and white then.

I haven't narrowed it down since I like the stainless steel, matte black stainless steel and the gold. Surprisingly DH said he would be "ok" with the gold faucet, though he prefers the matte black/stainless. I told him I would take it to the people :).

The cabinets are going white and soffits are being trimmed, paint color is agreeable grey. We are extending our hardwoods through the kitchen and eat-in. We will be running the 2x8 bone crackle tile in herringbone pattern and where the sink is it will go all the way up. Please vote and let me know what you think and please voice any opinions I have to force myself to make a decision this week.

Faucet Delta Trask Champagne Bronze
Faucet Kraus Stainless Steel Matte Black
Faucet Kraus Nola Stainless Steel
Faucet Hansgrohe High Arc - Chrome is neutral it goes with everything?

(15) kommentarer

• PRO
    Millworks Construction Services, LLC
    5 år siden

We see it all the time with our homeowners - it can be the day of closing and we're installing the faucet because it took that long to make the decision! It is a hard thing to narrow down, but good job on narrowing down you other selections!

bergiesgirl thanked Millworks Construction Services, LLC
  • cpartist
    5 år siden

Honestly chrome will never go out of style like all your other choices. And it will hold up the best. I could have done anything and I chose chrome. You can mix metals so don;'t let that stop you.

bergiesgirl thanked cpartist
  • User
    5 år siden

don't forget to think about practicalities too. like, does it have a spot resistant finish? My Kohler brushed nickel faucet does, and it's amazing. in my bathrooms, I have Kraus and Ikea faucets (also brushed nickel) that get spotty every single time you use them. it's not like I'm going to tell people to dry off the handles every time they wash up. they look terrible all the time.

also, how easy will the faucet be to use in the space where you will be installing it? my Kohler is super easy to hold and operate with my left or right hand because I can just grab it with my fingertips and the buttons are easy to push. it smoothly retracts to its position when I let it go. those little touches really go a long way.

bergiesgirl thanked User
  • Mrs Pete
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Honestly chrome will never go out of style like all your other choices.

Agree. Chrome kind of "disappears" /doesn't scream for attention /is what's "expected" ... the others will stand out now while they're trendy /cutting edge, and then they'll stand out once they're no longer trendy /cutting edge.

Also I would avoid square knobs.

Not just square knobs ... any one-screw knob can start to "twirl" with use. I have something similar to this knob. I absolutely love the look, but I hate that they're never straight up/down. It's worst on my upper cabinets where two stand side-by-side ... and one always looks like it's lying down. Mine even have a bitty "nail" in the back, which should - in theory - prevent them from "twirling. Nope. Doesn't work.

don't forget to think about practicalities too. like, does it have a spot resistant finish?

Another practicality is ease of cleaning. I'm going with an apron sink, and one of my reasons is that it'll give me a couple extra inches BEHIND the sink, meaning my hand'll fit back there better for cleaning.

bergiesgirl thanked Mrs Pete
  • sarahachevalier
    5 år siden

Just chiming in to say I vote for the round knobs too.

bergiesgirl thanked sarahachevalier
  • bergiesgirl
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thanks everyone with the knob advice. I Will def go with the round knob. I already bought them but I was second guessing myself.

i am not as concerned about the faucet going out of trend, it’s pretty easily replaceable. I think I am just looking for a little pop. I will take a second look at the chrome, again. I want it to work, I already own it, but I don’t want it to bug me because it looks like it came from left field, against all the black, ORB and black touches

• PRO
    Flores Artscape
    5 år siden

While this isn't a landscaping decision, we also see clients struggling to choose between the many options!

You have the knobs figured out, but if you're still thinking about the faucet, I can share a simple trick I learned to help make a choice once you have it down to two.

Write each one down on a piece of paper and shuffle them in your hands. Pick one, and if your immediate reaction isn't "YES!" then pick the other!

Hope that helps!!

bergiesgirl thanked Flores Artscape
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 år siden

Get a stainless faucet. It goes with the apps.........: ) And the sink. In answer to your next question? The chrome in a kitchen application, doesn't work as well with ORB anything. . Softer finish please.........

Bonus? Just about every faucet comes in a stainless finish.

Watch that "bone" crackle with white cabinets........What white?

• bergiesgirl
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Went to Ferguson yesterday and I didn’t like the matte on the black and couldn’t get into the gold. So only the chrome and SS. The poll feels the same way. I think I might just buy the SS, then decide after counter and backsplash installed.

Flores thank you, that is perfect, I love your trick. As a chronic second-guesser I will definitely put it into practice.

Jan what do you need to watch with the bone crackle, cabinet color will be SW Pure White.

• kim k
    5 år siden

We did stainless faucets and i like that the match our appliances because i didn’t want them to stand out! Other hardware and lighting hardware are all orb.

• kim k
    5 år siden
    Sorry for the typos above ! Can’t edit because I’m on my phone :/ i think Jan is warning you to be careful matching/clashing your whites. Wait until cabinets are complete before committing to that tile.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    5 år siden

Don't do that "bone" crackle tile with SW pure white. You will get a very dingy result as compared with the cabinet tone. What exactly are counter tops?

There is no need to rush a backsplash. Wait for a more finished result in the kitchen. It can go in ANYTIME.

• daisiesandbutterflies
    5 år siden

I made a mistake, I thought the black had more stainless in it. Change my vote from black to stainless (3rd option).

• Kris Mays
    5 år siden

You're asking that on Houzz. We will say No.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.