siana_esz

New Kitchen Just Installed

Siana Esz
5 år siden

Hello, I need some advice on a paint colour. I need to paint a dinning room as well! I have had bulkheads installed over my cabinets, I don't want to paint the bulkheads white to go with the ceiling. My cupboards are Charcoal but they seem to throw blue, which I love, but Im having trouble nailing down a colour! Any suggestions would be wonderful!

(8) kommentarer

• legendaryflame
    5 år siden
    I personally would chose a bluish colour like you have in your splashback and floor rug.
    Siana Esz thanked legendaryflame
  • PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    5 år siden

Hi, usually with this construction style of cabinet and bulkhead the Bulkheads are the same colour as the walls (not ceiling) so to give the impression that the cabinets are sitting under the walls; like the first picture below. If you went this way I personally would use a neutral wall colour so to allow the cabinetry to become the feature.

If you don't want to use the wall colour then you could alternatively consider using the same colour as your cabinets, just on the bulkheads. This will give you a similar effect to the modern method of taking cabinets up to the ceiling and finishing them with shadow moulds like our other kitchens below. It won't be the exact same design style but it will be similar and it will add continuity. This way you will preserve the strong colour that you have chosen without introducing another strong colour to your scheme.

The very bottom image is of a kitchen that has used the same colour on their bulkhead; this may help give you an idea of what this will look like when you are finished and in your case the white cornices have also been put on.

Hope this helps, Malcolm.

• Siana Esz
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Hey Malcolm,

Thank-you so much for your advice, Is there a Dulux or Porters Paint colour you could recommend for the wall colour? I have been looking at greys.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    5 år siden

Hi Siana, I am not sure what the exact colour is that you have on your cabinets; every computer monitor is set differently and so colours always look different and then your personal taste will always come into this as a key factor along with the type of light you have in your room.

Having said this, you are right in your thinking to use a light Grey tone on your walls to tie in with your Cabinets, Benchtops and Tiles; where something like the Dulux Lexicon, or Dulux White Exchange Quarter, or with a little more blue in it try the Dulux Highgate Half could be three options to consider.

I hope this helps, Malcolm.

• squair
    5 år siden
    I like Malcolm’s thoughts. Just do it Siana!!
  • Angeliclee
    5 år siden
    Hi, I agree with Malcolm. You have a couple of choices - 1. Same colour as the cabinetry you can take a piece to Bunnings or a paint store and they can colour match. 2. Same colour as you choose for the walls and I saying that I would suggest the same colour tone maybe a bit lighter than your splash back. Also take in consideration what colour your kickboard is going to be. Good luck and please post what you end up on deciding as I would love to see the final product
  • squair
    5 år siden
    The problem here is that there will be cornices & they will cover a lot of the bulkheads. Some of these kitchens in the photos have square set ceilings. I think the bulkheads have to be the same as the cupboards to make it more stream-lined & the cornices, which go around the entire kitchen/dining area, the same colour as the ceilings. The wall colour can be a warm grey.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.