webuser_412119528

Covered back patio

James Seay
5 år siden

I have a 10x10 slab in my back yard. I like to cover my patio area. i was looking at pergola’s but I want it to be cover on the top. Any suggestions?

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    5 år siden

Permanent cover or removable?

• clt3
    5 år siden

Last summer we built one of the Costco gazebos over our patio. We love it.

• Bruce in Northern Virginia
    5 år siden

I'd also talk to your local permit office to find out the restrictions on building a permanent structure to cover the patio. Most cities have restrictions on the amount of covered area vs. total lot size (Floor Area Ratio), how close a permanent structure can be to the lot line, and other construction rules. Its no fun to get through the 1st day of construction and have the code enforcement come by to shut down your project.

Bruce

• PRO
    Tuscher Design Group
    5 år siden

As already mentioned you will need to consider zoning setbacks as well as structural considerations - wind and snow loads and whether that existing slab can handle it. Having said all that there a ton of fun ways to get elemental coverage for an outdoor space like that - low sloped "slab" style roof, fabric structure, heck even a large floating glass roof to keep out rain and let in light and views!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.