ser107

What size kitchen table should I get? Please help!

ser107
5 år siden

I'm getting a custom kitchen table made and not sure what size to get. I have a relatively small, awkward space between the kitchen and the family room. We currently have a temporary table that is 30" wide and 72" long. I've included pictures to try and show our space. Below are some other measurements that I thought may be useful.

island to couch- 9.5 ft

refrigerator to couch- 7ft

Wall (blue arrow) to fridge- 11.5 ft

Fridge to basement door (red arrow)- 2.5 ft

Island- 39 inches

(6) kommentarer

• PRO
    Design Connection, Inc.
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

You can use a wider table in that space. I would suggest a square or a round table so you can have enough room to walk around between the table and the basement door.

• Karenseb
    5 år siden

Does the present table feel too big?

The space seems small to me. Maybe a 42 inch round table with chairs not perpendicular to the door or island.

Maybe you could mock up a table by cutting a piece of cardboard for the top of the table and prop it up and add chairs pushed up to the "table"

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

why don't you get some painters tape and mark out the size you think you'd like, or the max that you can use there. don't forget chairs and having to scoot them back to get in and out.

what if you used a round table and got one w/a leaf when you want bigger? You have so many rectangular lines in that one area, using something round will soften it a bit.

I think something like this would be perfect

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    5 år siden

go with a round table for the space as suggested..

• danny927
    5 år siden

Thank you all so much for your advice! We figured that a round table wouldn't fit as well in the space, but we will definitely try it out per all of your suggestions.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.