mona_reese

Stools for kitchen peninsula

Mona Reese
5 år siden

I love my white kitchen, but white cabinets to the ceiling can be sterile. I want to bring some natural elements to the kitchen. When I was thinking about stools, I was thinking wood or wicker. I'm kind of obsessed with these stools from CB2. I love the shape and the color. What do y'all think of them with my kitchen? I'm thinking we could only fit 2 of these. I was also considering three of these wooden stools from west elm. I have two young kids and aging parents/inlaws so I prefer a back to the stool. I like the look of the stools with no backs, but they just aren't functional for our everyday life. Any other suggestions?

(14) kommentarer

• Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Here are pictures of the stools I'm considering:

1. CB2 stool

2. West Elm stool

3. William sonoma home

• Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

And here are additional pictures of my kitchen

• User
    5 år siden

Your space is beautiful. I like the light colored ones from west elm for your space. Only two though. does not look like three would function well.

Mona Reese thanked User
  • Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you so much, ldecor54! I need the validation before I pull the trigger. I take so long with decisions, otherwise.

• Kate E
    5 år siden

I agree - I think are beautiful but the West Elm ones specifically compliment your kitchen so nicely with the black accents and the wood seat/back add the natural /warmer element. Will be stunning! Also agree on 2; three might "fit" but won't actually function well with people trying to sit on the stools!

Mona Reese thanked Kate E
  • Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

So it seems you both like light-colored wood stools from West Elm.. You're giving me a lot to think about. It's so good to have opinions. Thank you so much, Kate E!

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    5 år siden

I would also say 2 west elm, and then add some wicker element to the table to tie in and lighten it up. it kinda feels dark on that end of the house. Also what about hanging a piece of art to the left of the end cabinet?

Mona Reese thanked RL Relocation LLC
  • calidesign
    5 år siden

Beautiful kitchen. I also like the West Elm stools - just 2 of them.

Mona Reese thanked calidesign
  • Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

YES on the art next to the cabinet! My son keeps telling me that they forgot to put a cabinet there. He doesn't believe it's intentional to give more room to the peninsula area. RL Relocation, I really like your ideas. Thank you!

• PRO
    Inspiration Kitchen and Bath
    5 år siden

I agree with everyone, West Elm is my choice, not sure the wicker will be too comfortable to sit at for a length of time. I have upholstered stools in my own kitchen and they are super comfortable.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden

Sorry those seagrass ones will feel horrible in a pair of shorts , why not go with some color and no arms if you have kids.

Mona Reese thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • Mona Reese
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Point taken on seagrass. You're right. They probably are uncomfortable. Do you have any suggestions on upholstered stools? Something transitional. What sort of color would you suggest?

• calidesign
    5 år siden

Since your kids are young I would stick with wood stools. You can add a thick upholstered pad which can be changed out easily and will give them some added height, then remove the cushions as they grow or change them out as they get dirty.

Mona Reese thanked calidesign
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.