craigwoallan

does oak herringbone work in a contemporary kitchen

craigwoallan
5 år siden
Hi looking for some advice please.

We are in the middle of a kitchen extension and were originally planning a large format very pale grey or stone floor tile. The kitchen units are very light grey almost white with white stone island with a very fine marbling. Open plan kitchen diner family room with a very contemporary feel. However we are now considering a wood floor and I really like oak herringbone but I am worried this won’t be contemporary enough or will clash with the contemporary kitchen.

Any advice on wood over tile and herringbone over plank ?

(17) kommentarer

• craigwoallan
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Here’s a visual of the kitchen that’s going in
  • Sonia
    5 år siden
    Herringbone wood is a classic which is at home in traditional or contemporary decor. I love it! It will also bring warmth to the room.
  • Juliet Docherty
    5 år siden

It will bring warmth and look fantastic. Tiles can look very crisp and contemporary, but this is timeless.

• PRO
    Woodpecker Flooring
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

Hi Craig, wood herringbone flooring and a contemporary kitchen make a really stylish pair. The contrast between the sleek units and naturally rustic timber really is beautiful. You could either go for a warm, traditional oak colour or a lighter, modern shade. Here's some inspiration...

Goodrich Ecru Oak · Mere information

Goodrich Natural Oak · Mere information

Goodrich Whitened Oak · Mere information

Goodrich Espresso Oak · Mere information

Goodrich Haze Oak · Mere information

We offer free samples at our website if you'd like to take a look at any of the designs. Hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Hannah | Woodpecker Flooring

• minnie101
    5 år siden

I agree with the others, it will look stunning. As well as warmth, it adds pattern and will make the room feel wider (not saying it looks narrow!) and be a bit warmer/comfortable under foot. I marginally prefer a chevron rather than herringbone but both are classic and won't date.

• craigwoallan
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thanks all think the wood looks great decision made !! Here’s some other visuals of the room will add the after photos once complete.
  • PRO
    Ark One Group
    4 år siden

Absolutely! Many people are scared of installing wooden floors in kitchens. We would recommend avoiding wax finishes, as these aren't as easy to clean, and ensure your varnish is coated at least eight times - anything less won't last a year.

• Carolina
    4 år siden

Oh, it will be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the result.

• craigwoallan
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

This was the before!!

• Juliet Docherty
    4 år siden

Amazing.

• Sonia
    4 år siden

Fabulous. Told you herringbone would look good lol! Well done. I must say though that I love the wall colour in your before pics too :-)

• Carolina
    4 år siden

Love it!

• E D
    4 år siden

Looking great. No wonder you’re happy with it!

• Anthony (Beano)
    4 år siden

Super fantastic turn around, although I have tiles, I absolutely love the feeling of warmth this gives! Really great looking kitchen

• Emmanuelle
    4 år siden

Looove it! The window sit, the use of ceiling spot lights, the L shape, the flow... and that floor!!!

• craigwoallan
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thanks for all the positive feedback. You get so involved in the process that sometimes you forget the ‘project’ is your home !

Next project is the utility which we cancelled as part of this phase as we were just going to tidy up the existing small utility room but decided to open it up to make it bigger incorporating the adjacent wc and small internal hall combing the 3 small rooms to make one decent sized room.

Updates to follow for anyone that is interested.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.