htalbot

Kitchen splashback?

Hashim Talbot
5 år siden

hi, I need a splashback between the wall units and the worktop (the middle missing part is where the angled extractor fan will go). Which do you think will be better- a glass splashback or mosaic tiles?

(11) kommentarer

• Heather
    5 år siden
    A glass splashback would be much easier to clean I reckon
  • Daisy England
    5 år siden

You can get a mosaic finish splashback now from Bushboard. It’s in their Vista range.

• PRO
    AluSplash
    5 år siden

I wanted to suggest if you would be interested in considering our splashbacks as an option to complete the look of your interior.

Please take a look at our website: www.alusplash.com

AluSplash® is an aluminium-based kitchen splashback and interior wall panel, which is an ideal alternative to glass, acrylic and tiled splashbacks.

Offering a high gloss look-and-feel at a fraction of the cost, AluSplash is affordable, easy to install, clean and maintain. AluSplash is not only fire-resistant and safe to use behind all popular cooktops.

Available in a wide range of vibrant and earthy colours, AluSplash lends a sleek and contemporary look to any residential, commercial and retail space.

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    5 år siden

What ever splashback you decide on, as you have a gas hob it has to be heat resistant.

I prefer a glass splashback as its easy to keep clean, doesn't scratch and can be painted in any colour and there's also special paint effects that can be done now they can look amazing. I'd just make a template of the size thats required and take it to a local glass company. When it comes to fixing the glass to the wall don't use a cheap silicon, get a tube of the recommended adhesive from the glass supplier.

• PRO
    Mirrorworks, The Antique Mirror Glass Company
    5 år siden

A toughened glass splashback is by far the easiest for cleaning, no fiddly bits of grout to keep clean! You could try toughened mirror or toughened antique mirror.

• PRO
    Gvega Cerámica
    4 år siden

We make beautiful handmade tiles and ship worldwide :) www.gvega.com

• Hashim Talbot
    Forfatter
    4 år siden
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>Hi all, thanks for comments. I finally opted for glass splashback and took the plunge and went for a bold colour of blue.
  • Sonia
    4 år siden

Very smart and thank you for the update!

• Carolina
    4 år siden

Nice! I like the colour too.

• cyqi
    4 år siden

Personal experience, I'm contrary to popular belief, glass splashback is one of the worst to clean if you do a lot of oily cooking!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.