webuser_721215995

Please help me decorate the wall above my off-centered couch

C
5 år siden

I've been slowly putting this room together, but I'm absolutely stumped when it comes to the large wall(s) over the sofa. It seems too large of a space for one piece, right? I feel like I need to balance the room since the couch is not in the middle of the wall. Any ideas?

(6) kommentarer

• grapefruit1_ar
    5 år siden

I would pull the sofa away from the wall and put a console table/lamps behind it. You might still be able to add some artwork off to the side.

C thanked grapefruit1_ar
  • grapefruit1_ar
    5 år siden

• calidesign
    5 år siden

I like the idea of a console table behind the sectional, but would place it on the shorter wall with a lamp, to give it more separation from the other room. Then look for 3 large square pieces of art, or 2 pieces of art with a large round mirror, which would reflect the light from your windows. Wait to find artwork you really love, with some deep greens.

C thanked calidesign
  • partim
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

The blue chair should be part of a conversation grouping with the sofa. The traffic path into the room should be along the no-carpeted area, along the window. Not across the carpet. Put a lamp in between the blue chair and the sofa, on a table.

I would also switch the dog crate and the shelf, so that the dog crate is a bit tucked away in the corner.

The decor items on the shelf should be large and impactful. Vary the color and shape but some items need to almost fill the height of the shelf space, and everything on it should be at least half the height of the shelf space. Your current items are too short. Thrift stores are a great place to find items that are the right size and shape, but just need a can of spray paint to make them the right color for your room. Think about a variety of materials - baskets, ceramic, clear and colored glass, metal etc. Avoid using photos on the shelves. These look better on a wall, especially grouped in a hallway where they can be appreciated close up.

Agree that you need a coffee table and the sofa should be pulled away from the wall.

Nice beginning to this room - you have a good color sense.

C thanked partim
  • PRO
    Camden Lane Interiors
    5 år siden

We think a large piece of art, or three smaller pieces of art might work well on the blank wall. Here are some of the designs we have done that might help with your dilemma.

Beaches Condo · Mere information

Etobicoke Residence · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.