cathymca

Colors for shutters and front door

cathymca
5 år siden

We're thinking of changing the colors of our exterior. The house next door has black shutters and door so although I like the look we want to consider different color scheme. Any suggestions?

(13) kommentarer

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    5 år siden

Charcoal grey or navy would look great with your brick and creamy trim.

• PRO
    Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
    5 år siden

I like the two offered suggestions. Go with your gut....you can always change it.

• chloebud
    5 år siden

Something like BM Tarrytown Green can work nicely with brick.

• PRO
    Paintzen, Inc.
    5 år siden

Hi there!

You should whitewash the brick for a rustic look with character. From there, you can play around with color on the shutters - a dark green or blue would really pop! PPG's "Admirality" or "Nightwatch" would be my top suggestions.

Meghan

• houssaon
    5 år siden

Here are some colors from Benjamin Moore.

I'm pretty sure I used Stuart Gold on my front door. I get lot of compliments.

• houssaon
    5 år siden

Here is a green.

• chloebud
    5 år siden

I like the Tarrytown, houssaon. I also like the Old Navy and Cheating Heart.

• emmarene9
    5 år siden

I would keep the red door but go for a softer look with the shutters. I used a gray green.

• chloebud
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

This is Tarrytown Green on my brother's brick colonial (shutters and door). The brick's a bit different, but I think Tarrytown would work nicely with the OP's house, too.

• houssaon
    5 år siden

Tarrytown is a classic. I like it too.

• cathymca
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and recommendations! I really appreciate it!

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    5 år siden

Consider painting the porch framing a whiter white because the frames of your windows show and are a bright white, which you cannot change. But to have the 2 whites makes the porch trim look grim. The shutter color choices offered above are great. Choose what YOU like best, or look for your own ideas.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.