stephasussman

Need help with floor tile & color in bathroom

Stephanie Amanda
5 år siden
Husband and I found this all black vanity (attached) and love it. We want to use it in our upstairs full bath (plans also attached). The length of the room is 10’. We have off-white subway tile that we plan on using in the shower (photographed next to true white tile to see the color variation).

I’m conflicted on what type and color of floor to use. I was thinking a gray penny tile as I’d like to keep the bathroom neutral in color. This bathroom will be used as a future kid’s bathroom and an extra bathroom since we have a full bath downstairs as well as a master bath.

I’m not sure if the off-white tile will effect anything or if we should just use true white. The tile is from another project so we’d be saving some money. I’d like a darker floor but not sure if the dark floor would blend too much with the black vanity

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I might consider a classic black & white mosaic hex tile or penny round treatment with a fun border. I think doing a dark floor wouldn't contrast enough with the vanity. Something like these:

a house in a garden · Mere information

Baño vintage ¡Black&White! · Mere information

My Houzz: Post Architecture // Albany House · Mere information

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    5 år siden

I love the vanity. You need to plan the room around it. Do not use off-white anywhere in the room (not tile, not ceiling or trim paint, sinks, nothing) Select everything for the room (fixtures & flooring, before you choose your paint color. Paint the walls a pale something but not a white and paint the ceiling the wall color. How about a small geometric pattern wallpaper instead of paint for the walls and then paint the ceiling a color to go with the paper. Do all this before selecting a floor and keep that simple as well. Then choose all your plumbing fixtures and towel bars at one time,

• Stephanie Amanda
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

thanks Sabrina--do you think the floor being white with the shower being off-white would look strange? I guess that's my big concern

• calidesign
    5 år siden

If you want the black vanity, choose bright white tiles for the shower. If you are set on using the cream tiles in the shower, chose a wood stained or white vanity. With either of those combinations you won't have any issue choosing a floor tile.

• Nancy in Mich
    5 år siden

I think that your extra cream subways could go well with an unglazed porcelain mosaic floor tile. You will have to try them next to each other. This kind of floor is traditional and is not very slippery.

It takes you away from the ultra-white look, to a warmer, more lived-in look. I found this one at Mosaic Tile Supplies dot com
    Unglazed tile is also available at the big-box stores.

• Sammy
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I was thinking the same as you, Nancy. An off-white and black scheme is a richer look than a stark-white and black; it’s very English. ;)

This tile from Artistic Tile could look terrific on the floor:

And here’s some black and cream decor:

• Kathi Steele
    5 år siden

Sabrina's designs are spot on with the cabinet you have chose. Off white really will not work.

• Sammy
    5 år siden

Off white does work.

• Stephanie Amanda
    Forfatter
    5 år siden

thanks for all of your advice! I talked to the hubby and the tub and toilet will be white so I'm thinking I'll have to stick with white subway tile and nix the off-white/cream color otherwise it will look dirty.

• Dawn Martinez
    5 år siden

White and black is a classic look, you mentioned it will be a future kid's bath. Have you considered tile or marmoleum for the flooring?

Having trouble posting from houzz, but here's a link to a bath with a fun tile.

https://www.houzz.com/photos/black-and-white-perfection-transitional-bathroom-adelaide-phvw-vp~76172958

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.