banffgirl

Deck railings for patio

banffgirl
5 år siden
Hi Houzzers! We are expanding the deck and it's time to update the railings. I would love any advise on style and colour. I have included a snap of the front of our house for reference. Thanks so much!

(4) kommentarer

• felizlady
    5 år siden
    If you are expanding the deck in the back, what really matters is the view or the need for privacy. If there is a nice view, use see-through railing or narrow railing spaced closely. If you like to lay out on the chaise in your bathing suit, you may want the privacy that wide railing gives. What you have now gives privacy.
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    5 år siden

Simplify. Cleaner lines are always better, IMO. Wasn't clear if you're completely starting over or expanding the current redwood deck. If the latter, look at something like these:

Redwood Deck and Cable Railing · Mere information

An Intimate Redwood Deck · Mere information

Modern Planter Beds · Mere information

The last one is great if you need more privacy.

• banffgirl
    Forfatter
    5 år siden
    Thanks for the advise. The deck is going be expanded. We don't need privacy because we look out onto the yard. I just want to make sure the railing posts are not too modern for the type of house. I think they should be black. Hubby disagrees. He likes the red stain. I am not a fan. Thoughts?
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}5 år siden

I love the metal and glass railings they make the space feel more open and do not provide any climbing to be done by kids Your house style can easily support those bit more modern railings .I would also suggest you do a myulti level deck instead of the long staircase

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.