webuser_787334059

Kitchen sink material

christine
4 år siden

I'm replacing my kitchen sink and considering the Elkay Quartz Luxe under-mount, single basin in blue. The description of the material indicates its a combination of natural quartz with high-performance, UV-stable acrylic resins. Looking for advice on the durability of this material - is it actually scratch/chip resistant and does it require special care?

(4) kommentarer

• Joy Wills
    4 år siden

Best bet is to order some of the free samples from their website. That's what I did (even though we went with Blanco) just to feel the texture and see if it would scratch (it didn't). We are very happy with our Blanco (silgranite) in Cinder.

• christine
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thanks so much for the suggestion. The Blanco sinks look beautiful!

• PRO
    Elkay
    4 år siden

Hi Christine! You are correct! Our Quartz Luxe sinks also have a fiberglass webbing molded into the bottom of the work area for extra reinforcement. They also have a silky smooth surface so stains wipe off easily. No special cleaning care is required! Soap and water usually do the job. For stubborn stains and marks we recommend using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. You can find more info here: http://www.elkay.com/quartz-luxe.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

" Looking for advice on the durability of this material - is it actually scratch/chip resistant and does it require special care?"

You've gotta cut it with a diamond blade in a grinder or saw if that gives you any hints. I've scribed Elkay Quartz Luxe apron bottoms to make sink reveals perfect. I doubt Elkay recommends this procedure, but they ain't payin' my bills.

Buy the grate for the sink bottom and you'll never have any problems.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.