JERRABOMBERRA RESIDENCE AFTER · Mere information

(14) kommentarer

• PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Our lovely clients decided that their large and unique residence undergo a complete transformation! It was important that the home's period character and charm be retained.

Dark stained skirtings and dado rails were repainted, sponged coloured walls were lightened with a new wall colour; wallpaper and frieze detail removed, heavy and decorative festoon blinds replaced with venetians. Old and tired lighting was upgraded to include new pendant lights in bedrooms and kitchen/dining space. Upholstered window seats in bedrooms and lounge were refreshed with new fabric and cushions.

A new kitchen was not in the budget, however, new tapwear, wall colour and a sink were added in the interim.

The purchase of new furniture was wasn't possible requiring culling, the relocation of furniture throughout and new furniture layouts . The interior has been carefully curated with selected furniture pieces combined with our selection of new artwork, soft furnishings, lamps, accessories, new simple period light switches and window treatments. This home has been transformed from drab to fab with stunning results. Spaces now appear larger, more open and comfortable.

Our clients love the transformation!

• User
    4 år siden

I assume the house changed ownership ?

The before photos , with lots of family photos , and overcrowding of furniture , reminded me of my grandparents place in the 1970's -- they had lived through the depression era , and didn't waste much , hung on to things , and family was very important .

While I don't like the 'before' style , I can understand it , and hence why I assume the change of owners -- the original owners probably wouldn't like the after styling ?

if ... Design Explorers thanked User
  • oklouise
    4 år siden

the original furniture reused with less cluttered arrangements, new paint, window coverings and soft furnishing is a refreshing change without altering the basic feel of the home...very well done

if ... Design Explorers thanked oklouise
  • PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

my clients took my advice on the removal of wall hung family photos. selected Images are being reframed and will be relocated to the study. The occupants of this home now live in a clutter-free environment!

• mary jane
    4 år siden

The new paint is light and airy. the chandeliers do not suit. and the furniture is too dark. does not look like it flows. , window trims could of been white to brighten the rooms up.

if ... Design Explorers thanked mary jane
  • PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

There were things that my client was keen to retain - chandeliers and window trims.The home Is unique and it was important to retain the architectural integrity of the home. The retention of dark architraves comboned with newly painted white dado rails and skirtings create a fresh classic interior. Chandeliers had to stay.!

• PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Furniture had to stay. New furniture was not in the budget. Working with our clients, their brief and Their budgets is always our priority.

• JE C
    4 år siden

I agree with OKLouise - so many homes just reflect the latest fashions and not the owners. You have struck an excellent balance between making the home look lovely and retaining the owners own style, possessions and personality. In addition, their furniture is in good condition and retaining it whilst changing the look with new cushions etc is a far more sustainable aproach. They must be very happy.

if ... Design Explorers thanked JE C
  • KK1000
    4 år siden
    Looks great, I am so glad they decided to keep their furniture and just declutter, it’s probably better quality than what they would get this days, we should all try to reuse where possible.
    if ... Design Explorers thanked KK1000
  • PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

ThankS JE C. yes my clients are thrilled with the result!

• PRO
    Eye for Decor
    4 år siden

Given the constraints on what the client wanted to keep and their budget, I think you've done a wonderful job. Especially like the large 'art works' you have chosen for the bedroom and living room. They put a much more modern stamp on those rooms and have allowed you to accent accessories to give cohesion and freshness. (Agree though that white wood work throughout would have been nicer - and a more interesting rug under the dining room table!)

if ... Design Explorers thanked Eye for Decor
  • PRO
    if ... Design Explorers
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

thanks Eye for Decor. White painted woodwork throughout would have been an extremely costly exercise and not in keeping with the architectural flavour of the interior.. The Hamptons look was not a style suited to this particular home. Unfortunately there wasn't room in the budget for higher end floor rugs.

• PRO
    Eye for Decor
    4 år siden

Am sure you did what would work best for the house and your clients. And you did a terrific job for the budget. Inspiring!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.