webuser_380250169

Diamond Cabinets

Corinne
4 år siden

My husband and I are working with a local kitchen designer who sells Diamond Cabinetry. We have read some reviews online (mostly affiliated with purchasing through Home Depot/Lowe’s) that are not great. Can anyone offer any insight on the construction/durability/quality of Diamond Cabinets? The cabinets look great in the store, but we are trying to do our research on quality before we commit. Thanks!

(42) kommentarer

• smalloldhouse_gw
    4 år siden

We used Diamond cabinets when we redid our kitchen 5 years ago. They didn't come via Lowes but through a local cabinet shop. It's a small galley kitchen and I have 2 very active & large boys who occasionally have played soccer/floor hockey/wrestling in the kitchen. The painted finish (called Portobello, kind of taupe or griege) bears no marks and is otherwise in new condition. Cabinets all function perfectly. I'm really happy with the outcome although I have nothing to compare it to, so perhaps there's something I'm missing.

• PRO
    KR Kitchen Remodeling, LLC
    4 år siden

Diamond Cabinets are a Canadian product and are available through many different types of supply houses - including the big box stores and they are part of a huge industry conglomerate known as "Master Brands", Because of that I've stayed away from selling the product. That's not to say it's a bad product but my clientele tend to appreciate a more custom level of product.

When selecting cabinets make sure you review their warranty and take stock of the company you are purchasing cabinets through. As a designer/sales professional I work hard to make sure the product I provide and install meets my clients expectations. If something comes in wrong or damaged it's my job to get it replaced as soon as possible,. If you are working with a reputable establishment and feel comfortable with your designer/sales person you should feel confident that your project will run smoothly.

I hope this helps you!

• Corinne
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Great insight! Thank you @smalloldhouse_gw. Sounds like you have the ultimate test of durability in your home :)

• PRO
    User
    4 år siden

Diamond is not Canadian. It's made in Jasper, Indiana. At least the full fledged line is. It is a great semi custom cabinet, with 1/2 sides and many customizations. It has a lifetime warranty. It's the same as Kemper, Schrock, and Thomasville. Just different heated brands to burn in the different insignias in the drawers.

There are also a junior less featured line with lower specs. And there's a builder grade stock line, sold off the shelf at Lowes. Lowes also has an upgraded line, that is actually Decora.

So a lot depends on which line you are actually talking about as to what it can do, and what to expect.

• User
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Canadian? Not hardly. The full line is fine. It’s mid grade, with a lot of choices. Avoid the cheaper lines unless you just have no real budget at all.

• Corinne
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thanks for the great feedback— we are currently looking at an upgraded Diamond Vibe line that uses full wood— same construction as the regular Diamond cabinetry. The salesperson we are working with informed us that Diamond is trying to sell more of their Vibe line and has offered upgraded features to their standard construction.

• PRO
    User
    4 år siden

They're "selling" you on a less capable, less featured line. I would not accept that. It simply does not have the same quality.

• User
    4 år siden

Vibe=Not a mid grade line. Lower end, and the specs show it.

• Corinne
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thanks @greendesigns and @The Cooks Kitchen. Can you elaborate on the specs on the Vibe cabinetry? Or point me in the direction of a link with more info? I can’t seem to find anything online.

• PRO
    MasterBrand Cabinets
    4 år siden

Hi Corrine, Thanks so much for your interest in Diamond Cabinets. More information regarding the construction of our Diamond cabinet products can be found here: https://www.diamondcabinets.com/get-started/design-your-room/cabinet-construction. Good luck with your kitchen remodel!

• debbiemarshman
    4 år siden

My siblings and I are planning a significant bathroom remodel for Mom's bathroom. We've done quite a bit of research on finding budget cabinets. I've gone to both big box and independent shops and the best quote for solid wood doors , plywood construction, full extension/soft close draws was Diamond Vibe cabinet. Are they high end, No. But, putting high end cabinets into her house is not reasonable.

• User
    4 år siden

Plywood is a completely unneeded wasted 20% upgrade in any cabinet. There are no industry experts that would bother with spending have plywood. Any moisture event that would damage furniture board would ruin plywood as well. Solid wood doors are the absolute worst choice for painted cabinets as well. If you take off those unneeded costs, you can afford the better Diamond line.

• tryingtounderstand
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Just looking at Diamond Lowe’s Canada. The designer offered Diamond. I am wanting to ensure it is their best line. How can I tell what sub line she is showing me. Also, I found their colour choice somewhat lacking. Thank you

• User
    4 år siden

If you want best, get out of the box stores.

• PRO
    LaPierre Interiors
    3 år siden

As a designer for Lowes I can tell you that Diamond is indeed a semi custom line. They offer a wide variety of color choices an excellent construction. They were problems with every line what matters the most is the rep that stands behind them. They are not full custom of course, but they are such semi custom line more than adequate for most homeowners. I find them to be durable, well-built with a wide variety of accents choices and customizable features! Excellent product!

• Lisa
    2 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}2 år siden

Has anyone used Diamond Distinction Cabinets? Have been thinking of getting these. Not from a big box store.

• Heather Grass
    2 år siden

I redid my kitchen after a flood with Diamond Vibe, and I will tell you to avoid this brand. I am disappointed with the quality of construction and flaws throughout. I spent $13K on cheap plywood/particle board cabinets and regret it now. They look pretty on the outside, but the box construction sucks. It's definitely a downgrade from the real cherry wood cabinets I had before my flood.

• E Moss
    2 år siden

Heather, I am sorry you had a bad experience with the Diamond Vibe. I am praying all will be well with The Diamond Distinction cabinets I ordered. Will post an update once installed. I got the maple door trim.

• E Moss
    2 år siden

Well cabinets arrived and so far not happy with the new cabunets. All kinds of issues. Someone is supposed to come next week to review even though we've sent pictures. I feel there is no quality control before the cabinets are being sent out and If I could do this over I would not buy these cabinets.

• PRO
    MasterBrand Cabinets
    2 år siden

We apologize for the frustration you experienced with your Diamond vibe cabinets. We stand by the quality of our products and our warranty. We will replace any cabinets that do not meet our quality standards. For assistance, please send your contact information to ConsumerCare@masterbrand.com. Your concern is very important to us.

• PRO
    Kristina Conway
    2 år siden

Big Box Store or local dealer, Diamond cabinets are coming from the same factory. If someone tells you, dealer’s cabinetry quality is better than Lowes, or otherwise, do not believe them. Bottom line, when you are looking for cabinetry or other items you are trying to find product that fit your budget. If you are looking for good quality be prepared to pay for it. If budget is priority, you should expect to make sacrifices in quality. Purchase cabinets from place that you feel you can get support in case of issues with cabinetry. Find sales person/designer who you feel comfortable to work with. Your next door Lowes or Home Depot could be cheaper than designer you work with, but at least you have someone on your side. Good Luck!!!

• CJP Pro
    2 år siden

Does anyone know how to compare Diamond’s lines at Lowes (Prelude, Reflections, Intrigue) vs their lines at an independent dealer (Vibe, Distinctions)? Is Vibe similar to one particular line at Lowes, perhaps Prelude? I have a quote in hand from an independent dealer and trying to compare it to prices I am seeing at Lowes, which seem lower.

• E Moss
    2 år siden

@ HU. I wish I knew the answer to that. We got the Diamond Distinction from an independant dealer. Working with them to get our issues resolved.

• CJP Pro
    2 år siden

It seems like they make it intentionally difficult to compare the various brands across different wholesalers so that you can’t price shop. Our original quote from ProSource was $40k for Diamond Distinction. They won’t share the price breakdown b/c they only sell to our GC, which is frustrating. We told them that seemed very high and they got it to $30k by switching to Diamond Vibe (w/ hardwood). It still feels very high esp for a lower end line. They claim the only difference between the lines is that Distinction has maple doors and Vibe has hardwood doors. They are saying the box itself and hardware are the same btw the two lines. Does anyone know of this is true? Curious if anyone out there is happy with Diamond Vibe. Thanks

• User
    2 år siden

If your kitchen designer can’t explain the (obvious) differences, then you are using the wrong kitchen designer. Dealers pricing beats box store pricing all day long, if you’re comparing apples to apples.

• CJP Pro
    2 år siden

@User are there other differences? Our designer works for ProSource :/

We were told (1) Distinction has more choices/selection (which we are not concerned with), (2) Vibe has hardwood instead of maple for the face, (3) hardware and box construction are the same across the 2 lines. To me, it seems there must be more differences to justfiy the large price difference btw Vibe and Distinction. Do you know which Lowes lines the Vibe and Distinction compare with?

• User
    2 år siden

You may have chosen the wrong contractor here. You needed a Kitchen Designer FIRST.

• CJP Pro
    2 år siden

Ok thanks. Hoping someone here can help me better understand the differences between Diamond Distinction and Diamond Vibe. @MasterBrand Cabinets

• User
    2 år siden

Do people not understand the disruption in the worldwide linked manufacturing chain and operating a factory on 60% of employee capacity? Never start a project wanting to meet an artificially imposed deadline. You wont make it. Especially since the project wasnt started far enough back to have a hope of meeting the deadline. If it had begun in March, you could have been close.

Some people get paid for their knowledge. Like the KD selling you product, that seems to not know it well enough to sell it. If they don’t know, its time to hire someone who does know. For real actual money invested. I have a list of remote designers, if you want to get a better design process than one led by a know nothing contractor and equally clueless cabinet seller.

• Alyssa Johnson
    2 år siden

Yes fully agree. unfortunately, we has a pipe burst in our kitchen ceiling and needed to complete work. we went with csbibets made in the USA to avoid international shipping delays. we ordered 5 months in advdnce . Also, staffing shortages shoukd impact lead tines yes, but not result in shipping chipped, scrstched hot glue covered , peeling cabinets. we have an excellent contractor and lowes has been very helpful .we have has friends order through lowes same time different line than diamond and zero issues .

• zumba1
    2 år siden

@Alyssa Johnson I’m so sorry this happened to you. Not starting the project earlier is NOT the problem. Its the unacceptable quality. These cabinets look 20 years old. What a terrible thing to put a customer through. There has to be a way to get your money back through your credit card company guarantee. Even if you finally get a good set of cabinets, this finish is not going to hold up. If they dont have employees in place that can do proper work, they shouldnt be selling you anything. Thank you for posting the photos.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    2 år siden

A number of years ago I installed Diamond cabinets in my garage. They were perfect for that use.

• Natalie Chi
    2 år siden

We're considering Diamond Hardwood Collection cabinets through a local cabinet representative for our kitchen renovation. I'm not sure if this is a separate line than others listed here. Anyone has any feedback on this line of cabinets?

• E Moss
    2 år siden

@Natalie Chi we just had Diamond Distinction cabinets installed. Bought from a local cabinet dealer. We had some issues. Pantry Cabinet arrived without the roll out drawers being installed. They sent the roll outs but had not installed them. ( We paid for that though) some cabinet doors had issues with the paint finish. Dings on doors. One cabinet arrived with a chip in the frame. The cabinet company did work with us to have replacemements sent but of course that took a few weeks to arrive. I can't say I would go with Diamond Distinction again. My  concern is the paint finish. Will have to see how well they hold up.

• Victoria Wen
    2 år siden

My Diamond Vibe cabinets just arrived and we have multiple problems. Master Brand cabinets says they will work with you to replace them but I don't know who to contact or where to start! Our doors were screwed on so crooked they are not able to be adjusted up or down to be level! We had some dents as well as one hinge was completed ripped out during delivery, we havent even finished opening all the boxes yet! I am completely unhappy with these cabinets so far, hoping the company can make it right. I spent $21000 on kitchen cabinets and they just seem junky. I also would like to know the difference between the collections.

• Hogan Home
    sidste år

@Alyssa Johnson, which line of Diamond cabinetry is this? is it Diamond Now? And is this all plywood construction

• Houzz-bruger-ID-50248401
    sidste år

We are about to order Diamond for our full kitchen and Shenandoah for our bathroom from Lowes-Order time is 14 weeks. We have been working with a virtual designer my concern is once you order is it better to work with a designer in-house?

• cupofkindnessgw
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

@Houzz-bruger-ID-50248401 How does designing and ordering cabinetry with a virtual designer actually work? Have you seen door samples? Did the designer go to your house to measure? Do you see a sample of your door style and finish? Is Lowe's installing your cabinetry?

This seems to be another cost cutting strategy that big box stores are implementing. I have been to two Home Depots in the past week and neither has an in-store emplyee to design and order say, Kraftmaid or any other brand. No door samples, no fake kitchen displays of new cabinets, no countertop displays... just small displays set up to promote the refacing of old cabinets.

sidste år

@cupofkindnessgw- We sent in measurements, and then we got variations of layouts. We then went into the store to look at finishes and styles; once we selected the style and color, those were dropped into the cad picture. We then had the installer come out to measure, and those numbers will be dropped into the cad drawing to verify size. I am not worried about the look, just concerned about it once we place the order.

• cupofkindnessgw
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

@Houzz-bruger-ID-50248401 You probably saved yourself a lot of time, however, have you been shown the online spec book that Kraftmaid has for Lowes? There might be cabinetry/feature/trim options the virtual designer hasn't offered that might be a better fit for your space or budget.

Have you posted your layout here? I know that posting the layout on the Kitchen forum is a project in itself however, you do get a lot of great feedback from a wide range of designers, pro's and folks who have done their own kitchen. Some of the comments can seem a bit rough but the intentions are all good.

sidste år

@cupofkindnessgw- Yes, we looked over

diamond and Kraftmaid and like Diamond products better.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.