gwen_roberts_artist

Plantation Shutters - should they all be the same colour?

Gwen Roberts
4 år siden

We plan to install white plantation shutters in all the rooms on the front elevation of the house.

However, the study would look better with a wooden shutter as it has a slightly more masculine feel to it.

The house takes a slight bend which means the study window isn't level with the rest of the rooms which will have white shutters and there won't be any other windows next to the study either.

So I'm wondering if I could get away with a wooden shutter for the study or should I keep them all white.

I'm thinking if it's not adjacent to the others it might work, but I'm nervous about it and I need some opinions on this.

A photo would be helpful, I know, but unfortunately I don't have one at this precise moment. Apologies.

(4) kommentarer

• siriuskey
    4 år siden

Difficult without photos, but for me I would go with all white, the study can still be masculine with painted wall colour and fittings to make a statement.

• PRO
    Paul Di Stefano Design
    4 år siden

can't go wrong with consistency - sometimes you can overthink these things - go all white

• Creativelychallenged
    4 år siden

alternatively, you could possibly go for a different colour inside if it looked consistent on the same side of house externally

• PRO
    Meta Blinds
    4 år siden

Hi Gwen, I would keep the shutters facing the front of the house looking the same. It would look weird if there was one window at the front that had a different coloured window.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.