cmmay

Advice on exterior paint colors

C M
4 år siden

The Houzz community never lets me down. I need to paint the home exterior and I am paralyzed with indecision. Here’s a partial pic of the front. It’s mostly tan brick, which I am hoping NOT to paint the brick (on a very tight budge). So it’s just siding and trim. FYI - the “spindles” you see at the front of the gable are no longer there...the wood spindles rotted, so we just took them down.

What color(s) would look nice? We are Ok with the tan/cream, however it looks so dated - house was built ‘85. Any ideas for an updated look? As I said, the brick will not be painted. Notice the mailbox to get a better idea of brick color.

(10) kommentarer

• K Laurence
    4 år siden

Roof color? A picture closer in would help. I would try to pick a color from the brick, either lighter or darker depending upon what you might want. Maybe a taupe?.. difficult to tell based upon your photo.

• C M
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I can’t remember what the roof color is called...it’s just composite shingles that are gray.

• chloebud
    4 år siden

Yes, pick a color from the brick that also works with the roof.

• C M
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

That makes sense to go with a color from the bricks. They aren’t a flat tan, there’s a lot of color variant to them. Should I continue with the two tone style with colors from the bricks or should I do everything in one color only? I’m so used to looking at the two tone, it’s hard to invision all one color.

• K Laurence
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Can’t really say without a better picture. You could do what I had done, one shade for the body of the house & went with a few shades lighter of the same color for the trim ( or vice versa ). A little more of a subtle look rather than two - toned.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 år siden

• decoenthusiaste
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Consider the mortar and roof color; that may be your paint color inspiration.

• C M
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I’ve posted some newer (better I hope pics). Please check them out and see what you think. However I hadn’t thought of the mortar color or roof color. I will look into that. Thx!

• chloebud
    4 år siden

Good tip from deco regarding the mortar and roof colors.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.