mark_muir3

How can i fit a shower room into my downstairs floorplan?

mark muir
4 år siden

Hi there,

I am looking to change the downstairs layout of my house to include a shower room and make it a little more open. I am really struggling to make a decision! I have seen some amazing ideas on this chat so thought i would ask for some advice/ideas?!

(7) kommentarer

• mark muir
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Hadn't thought about putting shower room in the extension thanks for the suggestion will definitely look at that.

• Maths Wife
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

I'd aim also for something like this:-

Or this, which is easier on the plumbing.

mark muir thanked Maths Wife
  • rinked
    4 år siden

Joining the layout game :)

Off to bed now, work tomorrow.

mark muir thanked rinked
  • mark muir
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thanks for all the suggestions, lots to think about

• Huw Buckley
    4 år siden

I don't know how to sketch on your image, but can you fit a shower room and toilet (toilet under the stairs bit as you are sitting down) under the stairs by closing off the existing door into the kitchen (which looks like dead space to me). and moving the door anti-clockwise through 90 deg (swop it for a sliding door)? Move the door into the kitchen into the bottom right of the kitchen by extending some worksurface and units across where the door used to be, and shortening the right hand run of kitchen units?

mark muir thanked Huw Buckley
  • AMB
    4 år siden

I would suggest something similar to Rinq's plan with the kitchen relocated in the square extension or in the old dining room, but have the shower room opening up into the hallway, not the kitchen/dining area. You could make an l-shaped one by stealing some of the current kitchen. You could also take some of the understairs cupboard to do this. Think of your priorities when planning this - if the shower room is going to get daily usage then be more generous with the space. If it's just for guests then put more space into your utility and living areas.

mark muir thanked AMB
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.