taraferguson

bedroom window covering question

Tara Ferguson
4 år siden

Hi, about to move into a barn conversion with amazing views. Windows are huge and wooden framed triple glazed. Thick walls. Want to have black out in bedrooms but nothing to infringe on the views out at all (especially at the top of some of the windows where the view is long). Any ideas on what to go for?? Pictures are a few of the windows.

(5) kommentarer

• Sonia
    4 år siden

I think the most unobtrusive window blackouts are usually roller blinds. They block out the light for sleeping, but roll up almost into a tube in the day, so wont obstruct your views. The look can be softened with curtains, but make sure they do not obstruct the window when opened by ensuring the rail is wide enough, so the curtains pull back past the windows. Like this:

Y

• C D
    4 år siden

What about roman blinds, installed outside the recess?
    We have those in all our bedrooms, installed high above the windows so that, when opened, we have the full window and it doesn’t stop either light or view.
    It just need to be measured properly when ordering to be higher up than usual.

It may not work for your last tall window though - maybe more conventional curtains with a longer curtain pole to ensure full opening on this one?
    Even if different blind/curtains, having the same fabric would create harmony.

Good luck :)

• Daisy England
    4 år siden

A blind fitted outside the recess. Then you get the advantage of the views when they’re rolled up.

• PRO
    Kerry Bryan Interiors
    4 år siden

Hey Tara

How about some shutters? You can have these installed into the recessed so the thickness of the shutter itself is about 2cm, which will open and sit against the wall, with no obstruction to your view, but will provide complete blackout when closed. (Lots of example on Pinterest.)

Another option may be to have full floor to ceiling length curtains on a runner, this would look fab and really elevate the window.

Something to think about! Hope this help, and if you need any advice or a nudge in the right directions feel free to contact me. :)

Speak soon and good luck!

- Kerry

@KerryBryanInteriors

• PRO
    Williams-Holden Home Improvements
    4 år siden

Blackout romans would be good. I have them in my living room, the only thing I would suggest which I have seen above is that having them inside the niche does hinder the view a little as they don't go up as far as a roller blind, so secure them outside the niche.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.