hzdeleted_20021230

A Very Brady Renovation

User
4 år siden

HGTV Mon 8pm CT with repeats

I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would and even got a little teary-eyed.

Amazing what you can do with enough $$ and vision.

HGTV might have just premiered the smartest show it has ever made.

A Very Brady Renovation takes the entire surviving cast of The Brady Bunch and some of HGTV's biggest stars and puts them together to recreate the Brady Bunch interiors in the house used for the Brady Bunch exteriors.

Only a television miracle could make that all come together, but HGTV pulled it off. It turns out that it not only sounds perfect, it is perfect. It is a perfect show, and we demand more miracles just like this. Recreate! More! TV! Houses!

Tonight's first episode explained the origins of this show, which had a whole lot to do with the house going on sale last November. The network bought the house without even talking to the cast, and somehow managed to get them all to sign on afterwards. Now they're each taking on their own room in the house, which require an entire second story to be added because the outside of the house didn't actually even sort of match the inside.

To continue:

www.eonline.com/news/1071765/a-very-brady-renovation-is-a-genius-show

(22) kommentarer

• Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    4 år siden

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to see it!

• dedtired
    4 år siden

I haven’t seen it yet but friends on Facebook were commenting how much they enjoyed it.

Remember when if you missed something you had to wait for reruns in the summer? One way things have changed for the better.

• bpath
    4 år siden

Well, dedtired, one way things haven’t changed: I still have to wait for it to come to a streaming service that I already have, without subscribing to Its additional “bundle”, or for it to on free YouTube.

• dedtired
    4 år siden

Bpath, I’m not sure but I think you can watch it on the HGTV GO app, which is free.

• gsciencechick
    4 år siden

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Seriously, I really do want to watch it.

• dedtired
    4 år siden

Did Marcia have a fat nose from getting hit with a football?

• gsciencechick
    4 år siden

DH and I watched last night, and we really enjoyed it! It's great all 6 of them are on board for this. Looking forward to more.

• odin08075
    4 år siden

I was too busy looking how everyone aged to notice the renovation. Maybe the net episode I'll pay attention to.

• Gooster
    4 år siden

I enjoyed the first episode, and the way they intermixed clips from the show. I wonder how the show will progress since we've seen the main room already and the exterior. It's too funny how they passed off so many rooms in the original TV show as actually being in that house, and the expensive trick they had to do in order to fit in a second story in the reno.

• Jeanne Seefus
    4 år siden

Fun show.. Love it

• Feathers11
    4 år siden

I'm not sure I can sit down and watch it, but I did have it on in the background the other evening while cleaning up from dinner. The familiar voices and house scenes were rather comforting, I have to say. Especially Jan's voice.

• PRO
    Green Concierge Designs
    4 år siden

I found it boring and didn't understand why they made this house look like it was stuck in the 60's-70's. I thought they were going to upgrade the look.

• just_terrilynn
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

But Green Concierge Designs...if HGTV did an upgraded look they would use one of the three imitation encaustic tiles they always use, either on the floor somewhere or a backsplash or shower wall. We would also be limited on seeing cabinetry in anything other than navy, white or gray. The above is regardless of who is supposedly doing the design/decorating.

I’m enjoying the Brady’s as a change of pace.

• eld6161
    4 år siden

Green Con De, "stuck in the 60-70's? That is exactly what they are going for. To get as close to replicating the house as possible. Who would be interested in an interpretation of an upgrade? Maybe you can explain what you mean?

If you are not a fan then I can see it being boring. I saw the second episode after seeing Chijim post.

I really enjoyed it. I did watch the show and although it wasn't a favorite I also tuned in.

Last night they figured out how to replicate the wallpaper. They even had the ships on the boy's room wall follow the exact pattern. Cindy's doll Kitty was donated which was emotional for the actress.

I think what is especially fun, is seeing the Brady "kids" connection and reaction to all the details and also having them help in the process.

• User
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Gooster

I enjoyed the first episode, and the way they intermixed clips from the show. I wonder how the show will progress since we've seen the main room already and the exterior. It's too funny how they passed off so many rooms in the original TV show as actually being in that house, and the expensive trick they had to do in order to fit in a second story in the reno.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not quite understanding...

The interior of the Brady house was a set on a Paramount soundstage - the exterior was a real house used as an establishing shot for the show.

We still have to see the kitchen, FR, Alice's room, Greg's attic bdrm, and the yard/garage.

• cat_mom
    4 år siden

So far it is way more enjoyable than I’d have expected. I don’t watch HGTV at all, but watched the Brady Bunch as a kid, and had told one of my nieces that I’d check it out.

All six “Bradys” were on Colbert tonight BTW.

• 3katz4me
    4 år siden

I didn’t think I’d get to see this since we don’t have cable at home but got to see three episodes in a row tonight at our lake cabin where we do have cable. It was entertaining and interesting to see how they came up with all the vintage stuff. I wonder what they’ll do with the house after this program is wrapped up.

• pudgeder
    4 år siden

I watched the kitchen reno last night. It was interesting to hear them explain why everything had to have a dull finish, included Alice's buttons.

But that avocado green and the orange! Makes me want to disinfect my eyeballs!!

• l pinkmountain
    4 år siden

I really hate the late 60's early 70's aesthetic, and yet seeing it make me feel oddly comforted and nostalgic. For tacky stuff! We had a studio couch for years in our family room, with a quilted cover, although our was solid orange, with large oversized lamps and paneling. It has some comfort and warmth to it, I will say that.

But avocado and orange for the kitchen, frankly I think that was even a reasonable "no" back then. Harvest gold or brown with orange, but green and orange, what acid trip was the person on who dreamed that up. My mom paired orange as an accent with gold, yellow and brown, but our stove and fridge was white. It was sure a highly visual look for the TV show, which I think was part of the reasoning behind the over the top decorating, even for that time . . . But hey, it was the high point for the middle class and they weren't afraid to bring the bling at that time . . . My childhood bedroom was very colorful . . . ahem. I loved the psychedelic prints back then. I was a kid, they were bright and shiny . . .

• Gooster
    4 år siden

@User Sorry, didn't see the tag. I was just referring to the fact that the sets contained all these faux rooms that were essentially impossible to fit into the house shown in the establishing shots. Although many of these fake TV (and movie) homes built on soundstages were entirely different than the originals, I don't know if there have been so many that were so largely different in scale that it required a 2000 sq ft addition and an excavation to fit in all the space used.

• User
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Ree Drummond/The Pioneer Woman cooked in the Brady kitchen on an eppy this past weekend

A Very Brady Edition

In a dream come true, Ree
    Drummond trades the ranch for the Brady frontier as she cooks dinner at
    the newly renovated Brady house for HGTV's Jasmine Roth, who worked on
    the renovation. The menu is a throwback to the Brady era with a little
    Ree-modeling inspired by some of her favorite characters and moments.
    Ree starts with retro Olive Cheese Balls and Sticky Pork and Apple Slaw
    in an homage to a classic scene. Greg's Groovy Green Beans are inspired
    by his office takeover, and dessert is Marcia-Mallow Pie. A lifelong fan
    of the show, Ree also gets to peek around the house she knows so well,
    making it one of the best days of her life.
    See Tune-In Times

https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/the-pioneer-woman/episodes/the-pioneer-woman-a-very-brady-edition

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.