sarah_goldberg

Hvac electric plumbing order in new build

Sarah Goldberg
4 år siden

Hi. In what order do hvac, wiring and plumbing go when doing a new build? My contractor wants a lighting plan and outlet locations , but there is no hvac installed yet. Does this sound right?

(11) kommentarer

• PRO
    PPF.
    4 år siden

wants a lighting plan and outlet locations , but there is no hvac installed

What does HVAC have to do with lighting and outlets?

• Sarah Goldberg
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

They won’t get in each others way behind the walls and in ceiling and floors?

• PRO
    PPF.
    4 år siden

You don't trust your contractor?

This is an it depends type of question. I'd suggest talking to your contractor if you have concerns.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

There is no set order, kind of like the chicken and the egg. It usually ends up whoever gets there last has to work around the other two. The general contractor may have a preference.

• PRO
    Charles Ross Homes
    4 år siden

Generally an electrical plan should be produced in the design phase so the costs to install everything can be included as part of a fixed price contract. The plan should be revisited at a walk-through after framing to verify the location of switches and any special receptacles that might need to be added for TVs, security system, etc. that were not shown on the original electrical plan.

• PRO
    Ritzman Construction LLC
    4 år siden

Once the framing is completed the plumber would be first, then HVAC , then the electrician. We normally do walk through with our clients 1 - 1 1/2 weeks before the electrician starts to layout plugs, switches, lighting, etc..

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    4 år siden

Yep, it's up to the general contractor to decide which trade is called to the job site in what order.

Electrical and lighting plans are commonly prepared by whomever designed the house.

Plumbing is generally described in notes for fixture selection and finishes. The floor plan shows locations.

HVAC is often described using system notes, with the detailed system selection and locations left to the mechanical sub-contractor.

An experienced designer will always show a mechanical room or space for major system components.

• BT
    4 år siden

> My contractor wants a lighting plan and outlet locations , but there is no hvac installed yet.

Many local jurisdiction require electrical plans to be included, but not HVAC or plumbing. Some require only NG portion of plumbing and capacity table part of MEP NG. One can run a HVAC trunk lines but to really install the HVAC equipment you need an electrical drop. I also understand contractors desire to have electrical done and the meter installed vs temp power.

In many cases GC/Builder has to juggle scheduler. So some subs may be busy this week, etc. Unless you want to pay interest for another week or two what your contractor is telling you.

If you trust your contractor, follow what he is asking. As far as ideal an ideal order HVAC, plumbing, electrical.

• User
    4 år siden
  • PRO
    Jeffrey R. Grenz, General Contractor
    4 år siden

If you have the project underway and you don't have lighting & outlet plans, its costing everybody time and money including you.

Plumbing stubbed through floor already? No electrical there unless you pay the plumber to move, etc.

Electricians & plumbers are expensive, so I prefer they place items 1x & know my clients prefer not to pay the bill to change/move stuff.

This is what plans are all about.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.