webuser_617047383

paint colour for wall

C R
4 år siden

Hi I am after some advice... I love the rustic look / feel of these tiles and want to compliment them but am not sure wether to paint the walls in the ensuite a navy to add to the look or another colour? the cabinet handles will be changed to gold and the towel rail will be going too.

I will also put up a gold/ bronze mirror eventually.

(20) kommentarer

• KK1000
    4 år siden

I think navy on the wall would be to dark, maybe mid grey like Fossil gray from Dulux, love your tiles by the way, I don’t mind it as it is just soft white for fresh look.

C R thanked KK1000
  • julie herbert
    4 år siden

Hi C R,
    How gorgeous is your en-suite, I would go with your instinct and do a Matt navy on the walls, it would certainly add the wow factor and with the gold fixtures and mirror , white basin and vanity it would look fabulous.

C R thanked julie herbert
  • C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thank you guys! I dont think I'll introduce a grey because its adding another colour, I might just go with the navy ... I wish there was a colour to bring out the brown in the tile , but I dont want a brown wall

• PRO
    Leeder Interiors
    4 år siden

Hi CR, I would go with a slightly contrasting colour. If you're painting the walls navy the tiles will get lost. I'd go for a deep blue/grey (think Blue Steel tones) Check out Glide Time from Dulux. If you didn't want to do that, perhaps a pale blue. Look at Pool Bar from Dulux. This colour would look lovely with the brass gold tones. Good luck!

• C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

terracotta wall · Mere information

ok im not sure why that grey tile is sitting there on the shower wall.. just ignore it:) what do you think of the terraotta wall maybe in a texture? Otherwise I tried to see the look with a dirty grey/brown.. because I want to stick to the rustic look.

• C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

thats the kind of grey i thught of using... i just put a few patches to see it against the tile.

grey wall · Mere information

• julie herbert
    4 år siden

Still think the navy would look fabulous, that was your first instinct and that’s always your best guide.

• JE C
    4 år siden

I'm a vote for navy - would look wonderfully dramatic, as long as it is styled well.

• julie herbert
    4 år siden

How good are you siriuskey, that looks fabulous.

• C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thank you so so much!! I love it ! I will be going with navy! I love the terracotta look mirror that you used too :)

• julie herbert
    4 år siden

Looks fabulous, love siriuskey’s sketches. How good is your en-suite going to look.

• siriuskey
    4 år siden

CR I tried to do a gold/brass mirror but you get the idea, look forward to seeing what you do

• C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Will post it ononce done :) thank

• gill jessup
    4 år siden

Can I suggest a full height inset/plain mirror from the basin to the ceiling and then paint your walls a blue/black or very inky blue. This will bounce light and minimise the area where paint meets tile. It will also hilight the brass finishes elsewhere

C R thanked gill jessup
  • C R
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Interesting.. yes I was thinking a very large mirror, that sounds great. Yes the wall will be a very dark blue. Frameless mirror or can I still go a bronze / GoGold frame?

• Kate
    4 år siden
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><md>To complement the brown in tiles see the brown in the artwork in Julie’s images. Those frames are black, which I think would be good if you have gold mirror frame. Too much gold not a good thing
  • siriuskey
    4 år siden

julies photo with the brass round mirror is how I visualise your bathroom, if there;s space for art, black frames will work as black and navy are a classic combination. So your idea to go with brass fittings including mirror should look amazing

• PRO
    Lisa Elliott Interior Design
    4 år siden

I Agree with KK1000 & Julie - the navy blue will look fabulous. If you want to bring out the brown, consider it when selecting accessories; Julie's image is a great example of artwork in the space. I'd consider a feature light in either side of the basin if you have the room (its hard to tell from the photo) or perhaps above the mirror. The navy will be quite dark and you can add a bit of wow with a light as well as give some illumination for applying makeup etc from the right direction. Assuming of course that the shower will have a glass panel (to keep water away from any electrical fixtures)? Seek guidance from your electrical on the appropriate zones for elec fixtures and IP ratings suitable to the installation.

• Du Marche
    4 år siden

Looking forward to seeing the final and what you have come up with.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.