haleyp321

Subway Tile Advice

H P
4 år siden

Need some help with this last part of the kitchen. Not really sure where to go from here. Do I go to the end of the wall? How high up should I go? If I use bullnose where would that go?

The second problem I’m having is you can see under the cabinets there’s less than a 3/4 inch gap. Should I just cut really small slivers of tile for that or is there another option?
Thanks for the help!

(3) kommentarer

• eam44
    4 år siden

Small slivers.

Do you have a bullnose tile for the end piece? If so I’d draw a line from the end of your upper cabinet and end the tile there. If you don’t have bullnose tile, how were you planning to end things? Schluter edge?

• chiflipper
    4 år siden

STOP, there's more to consider....what about the the electrical box? Electrical boxes are typically "pulled forward" to accommodate the thickness of the tile. You can't do that if you end the tile at the edge of the cabinet. If you have bullnose tiles, the top row of tiles (on the short wall) can be cut down (in height) to line up with the bottom of the cabinet. They can also be cut down for the (top to bottom) wall edge. (You're cutting your own "pencil tiles"). Alas, you will have to cut slivers and paint that wood grain under the cabinets. Remember to caulk, not grout, the seams...where the tile meets at the corners, along the countertop, and between the slivers and the wood.

• PRO
    JWCreative LLC
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Hey Haley!!!

It seems to me that Chiflipper really has a handle on this dilemma! How can I help?

A few questions...

Are you doing this tile install yourself?

Who is the tile manufacturer and retailer?

What trim pieces are available in the same color?

I feel you have a few options, but I would need more information to confirm. Here is an illustration of how I think this install should go for most correct results based on my geometry and perspective drawing calculations... You will see that even with a bullnose (on the short side of the tile) you would end up with a few very tiny pieces on the very end which can look sloppy, unintentional and not polished. I think a pencil trim on the top and side edges would be the most correct solution. Here is my drawing! Please reach out to me if you have other questions.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.