delrey97

Is this Grasscloth Wallpaper The Wrong Shade?

sunshine home
4 år siden
sidst ændret:4 år siden

Hi, I ordered grasscloth online, and after cutting Them, I pinned them to the walls temporarily to get an idea of placement. I can’t help but notice that the sheets look different from one another. The 1st and 3rd are from one roll, and the 2nd and 4th are from another. I’m guessing they sent me different batches (I couldn’t find any batch numbers on the rolls before I opened them, so I assumed they would be the same). I contacted the company, and they offered to refund me, or return 30% of what I paid.

Does it look off to you as well? I feel bad for returning the paper since I cut it already. However, to be honest I dont like the color and I keep noticing the shade difference. What would you do?

(12) kommentarer

• Snaggy
    4 år siden

I like the effect .

• PRO
    JWCreative LLC
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

This is a tricky situation and I understand your concern.

The reality is that natural materials will NEVER be a complete match..Whether it is stone, wood or grasscloths, this is just an inevitable charm of using natural materials. Just remember there is beauty in imperfection.

That being said... have you tried flipping, rearranging, or breaking this down into more pieces to get better results. Part of what makes the stripes so noticeable is that there are only four big wide stripes... on most of my projects I spend a great deal of time tweaking and editing natural materials on the job site to get things just right.

I think this grass cloth is really a spectacular choice for this space and I would hate to see you give up on it. I can visualize the final product especially with some incredible focal point artwork or wall hangings!

I have lots of questions for you. Reach out to me here if you want to continue with a more in depth conversation! Happy to offer a complimentary consultation!

• chispa
    4 år siden

Hard to tell exactly from an online photo, but I don't think that grasscloth color is a good complement to your headboard color.

• PRO
    karen paul interiors
    4 år siden

Now here’s a thought to consider. There are grasscloths, rice papers and faux grasscloths that are meant to be hung vertically. The horizontal ones require a real pro who can turn lemons into lemonade. Many homeowners can hang wallpaper but grasscloth is the exception. However, if you can find what you like that is milled for vertical hanging you can get the textural aspect without the flaws and variations from strip to strip. I’m posting a faux wall covering which looks very lovely. Thoughts?

• blubird
    4 år siden

As stated above, with grass cloth you have to reverse hang every other strip, so that right edge meets right edge, and left edge meets left. That said, I don’t understand why you don’t have run numbers because if they’re not the same run #, that adds a kink to the edge matching process.

• sunshine home
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thank you everyone! Great responses. I will try to rearrange the paper before deciding to return. However, does grey the headboard clash with the tan paper? I also like the vertical paper idea, thank you.

• PRO
    JWCreative LLC
    4 år siden

@sunshine home Contrast in a space can be ABSOLUTELY crucial to design success! It is one of the fundamentals of design! Monochromatic spaces are safe and can be right occasionally, but they more often than not end up falling flat! In color theory, yellow undertones in this grasscloth are a great compliment to the blue purple undertones in the headboard! It is hard for me to give correct advise without seeing all the other elements at play here in this room...ie. the flooring, bedding, rugs etc. But I am certainly a proponent of contrast in a space... Please let me help you solve this design dilemma! Send me a private project inquiry and I can share more of my thoughts with you!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år siden

Get a PRO, one who is very familiar with grasscloth to hang this. For the best effect, seams and placement planning takes as MUCH time as the actual hanging itself. The paper should relax in "cuts" overnite. This is not a DIY job at all, if you want a fabulous result. Do the entire room.........and wallow in the wonderful texture you'll get with the gray bed. Timeless and worth the money

PS.......... A PRO would center the first panel on the wall behind the bed :) Not the seam, and then plan out the rest..........

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    4 år siden

Hire a professional paper hanger and ask him if he has had (a lot) of experience with grass cloth. No two rolls will be the same when working with grass cloth. It isn’t like regular paper or fabric where you expect all to have all from the same run.

Keeping that in mind, place them either as they are now…one dark, one light, or two darks on either end, lights in the middle….when all is said and done, the paper will mellow out because of oxidation...

Try the two darks on the ends, lights in the middle of the wall.

BayPoint Golf Club, Panama City, Florida · Mere information

(Make sure you center the bed on the wall).

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år siden

You don't SEAM that in the middle of the wall

• maddielee
    4 år siden

Solid piece in the middle of the wall, then work towards the corners of the room. Yes, hire someone with lots of grass cloth hanging experience, the cuts need a steady hand and really sharp tools.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.