jared_brown4115320

Help? What’s wrong with my living room?

Jared Brown
4 år siden

Something is odd with these framed prints And I can’t figure it out.

https://ibb.co/pdP2X1X

are they too high? To far apart? Are the frames off?

the sofa is being restuffed, new blinds, and i have different Pillows coming that pull from the carpet but I can’t figure out what’s wrong with this wall?

maybe the frames should be a dark walnut?

(20) kommentarer

• ashtonchic
    4 år siden

I would put one large colorful dramatic painting or photo above couch instead of the small ones.

• PRO
    KDC Virtual Color Consulting
    4 år siden

I agree with @ashtonchic - the frames are too small and get lost against the large print of the wallpaper. Also, the white matting they are on is too high contrast for the dark wallpaper. Start by changing the matting to black but over all I think you need a larger piece of art to stand up to the bold print.

• ashtonchic
    4 år siden

example

ON SALE SUNSET Oil Painting sunrise. sunset ocean sunset | Etsy · Mere information

• IdaClaire
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

I like them, but I like artwork that doesn't necessarily "go" with other elements. They're hung too high though. Frames are a good color.

• Daniel OConnell
    4 år siden

I agree with the others...the prints don't fit the wallpaper. There's an uncomfortable contrast in color and subject matter. Also, I find the mirror to be visually annoying, especially as it is out of horizontal line with the two windows. If you really like the prints, perhaps you can stack them vertically between the windows. And if you really like the mirror, hang it horizontally over the sofa. None of this would cost anything.

• Olychick
    4 år siden

I would forgo art on the wallpaper and let it make the statement it's making without interference, then remove the mirror and hang the art in that space. You've got a great looking room!

• Jared Brown
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I like that idea!

• Trish Walter
    4 år siden

I would hang the mirror horizontal above the sofa. Put 1 or 2 stacked prints where mirror was and the others somewhere else nearby.

• threers
    4 år siden

Remove the mirror, out of the living room. Hang the four prints between the windows. I'd change the frames to a dark color, either a dark green from your wallpaper or the color of your window frames. Think about additional green things ...pottery, or pillows or more plants!

• Olychick
    4 år siden

your room for easier reference

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år siden

No to those prints on that wall paper.

• pricklypearcactus
    4 år siden

The size of each piece of art is approximately the size of the palm leaf in the wallpaper, which to me makes it look unmatched / busy. I think a single larger piece would read better. While I believe art doesn't necessarily have to coordinate with the space, the wallpaper is such a strong design element, I think the colors in the art is fighting with the colors in the wallpaper.

• groveraxle
    4 år siden

Too high, too far apart, not the right prints, all of the above.

• katrina_ellen
    4 år siden

I like Daniel OConell's idea, switch locations of prints and mirror.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    4 år siden

I"d also like to see an orangish apricot glass vase or bowl on the coffee table.

• groveraxle
    4 år siden

Renderings · Mere information

• PRO
    Showcase Kitchens
    4 år siden

I would remove the photos altogether as they clash with the wallpaper. I would make the wallpaper wall the focal point of your room by moving the couch to another wall if possible. You could put your TV against the wallpaper wall or mount the TV on that wall. Another option if your budget allows would be to install wall sconces on that wall in place of photos. You could start by taking all photos down and see how the room feels. You could also try a rectangular shaped mirror on this wall.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    4 år siden

Nothing in wallpaper. Or round oversized mirror if something nice to reflect.

• always1stepbehind
    4 år siden

I can live with the mirror but the first thing that my eye went to was those pictures above the sofa. Just don't look right...as others have already stated. Other than that, I really do love your space. Very welcoming. Nice job.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.