luminel

Desperately need help choosing a tv console!!!

luminel
4 år siden
sidst ændret:4 år siden

I’m hoping I can get some creative ideas from you all on how in the world I can liven this corner of my living room. I desperately need a new tv stand or console for our tv but don't know what style or color to pick. The one we have now looks like chicken coop and is so tall next to my piano. Should I place a plant or small side table in between piano and console? Thank you ❤️

(68) kommentarer

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    4 år siden

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

My biggest dilemma is what color console to get. Someone mentioned a dark hue to coordinate with the black piano but I am thinking that it will darken the corner. I do like the idea of a white console but I have never own white furniture, will it not look too sterile? Thank you again for all your wonderful ideas and suggestions

• shirlpp
    4 år siden

Are you going to throw away the piece that is currently below the TV? If so, then paint one side of it in the hue of your piano and paint the other side white. Then post the pictures.

• Olychick
    4 år siden

since the ideal place for your piano is on the shared wall (it will solve your space and matching console concerns), I would look into what it would take to provide some sound deadening behind the piano. I found this article which suggests adding mass in the form of gypsum board attached to the wall (I'm assuming you aren't renting). I'm sure there are baffles or other inexpensive solutions to the sounds from the piano. Have you talked with the neighbor about how much they can hear through that wall?

Isolating wall

Another idea:

While you may not particularly want to dampen the noise from the piano,
    you might be willing to consider dampening its loudness. Putting heavy
    rugs on the top or back of the piano will still permit the beautiful
    music to be heard, but at a much lower volume. Many piano companies
    offer piano coverings that look beautiful, will fit your piano type and
    assist in making a piano less noisy.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Olychick, I am renting so I can’t do much to the walls. Is there a way to make it work where I have the piano now?

• calidesign
    4 år siden

White doesn't have to look sterile. It depends on the design.

A console that relates back to your dining table could also be nice, if you want to go in that direction.

luminel thanked calidesign
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

The best way to incorporate your piano where it is would be by using black TV console for a integrated look. It won’t be overly dark with your natural light and a couple lamps. A simple design would be best. And you can take with you. No white. That would mean 3 different finishes in this space which will look hodgepodge. Wood dining, Black piano, and hence TV unit needs to work with those components.

luminel thanked Flo Mangan
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

Here is mock up to help you visualize. I also put a little gallery of pictures over the piano rather than one lonely picture. You could find low dark baskets to slide under the TV unit to collect small toys to help manage clutter.

• My House
    4 år siden

First of all, I commend your thoughfulness and consideration for your neighbors in regards to the piano placement. The opposite wall does need something to balance and visually divide the dining/ living areas. Consider an entry table, chest of drawers or bench with mirror or artwork above, in addition to the tv console. and perhaps some side tables or coffee table.

What wood? Clearly, you have three different wood tones in the space(floors, piano, dining table). Since you rent and cannot change the floor, I'd discard the idea of needing to match the floor tones, as you "can't take it with you." Use an area rug instead.

As far as choosing furniture, consider what look you want to achieve. If you don't know? Ask yourself what stores would you most enjoy browsing while you wait for your cinema to allow you inside.

Do turn your dining table the opposite way -as advised up thread

In this condo below, the dark short shelf unit mimics the floor and refers back to the dark ottoman seating and dark accent pillow for balance, as does the medium tone coffee table and the dining table/ chairs. Area rugs divide the spaces, as well as the floor plant. Your piano placememt serves similar role as the floor plant- like holding hands between your two spaces

focus on a coordinated look for your belongings, not the floor, which you don't own. I'd do something like the mirror & bookcase or chest of drawers for storage on the empty space shared wall. A dark coffee table with a reflective or light colored tray and a medium wood tone tv console. Allow the piano to be the accent piece, rather than a big row of dark furniture, Add some black in artwork (maybe black photo frames). Add some pattern throw pillows that have a bit of black. After all ,there is an old design rule, that every room needs a bit of black,

• My House
    4 år siden

Forgive me, your sofa art is too small. Consider either larger art, which is expensive, or a grid wall that offers versatility (16x20 framed pics- black frames) will add black to that side of the room. Select your best phone pics and enlarge to 16x20 poster or 11x14 & add a white mat board.

Frames: https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-belmont-frame-black/10392851.html?cm_mmc=PLASearch--google--MICH_Shopping_US_N_Frames_WallFrames_N_N_N-_-&Kenshoo_ida=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItbnn1v375QIVj8DACh0cJQ0REAUYBiABEgKLdvD_BwE

Mat: https://www.michaels.com/precut-single-mat-16in-x-20in-with-11in-x-14in/M10084274.html?dwvar_M10084274_color=White

Colored or B&W on this idea:.

• My House
    4 år siden

I'd opt for a biggerTV (holiday sales) and stretch your furniture budget by repurposing a low dresser to serve as tv stand and added storage. Change the hardware. Remove as many drawers as you need. Paint any color you want, but I'd advise against white or light, due to potential for stain bleed- thru. . If you paint in the apartment, lay down newspaper and protect your floor/security deposit.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Wow DK Haas, you gave me such wonderful suggestions here I dont know where to begin. I’m getting rid of the dining table as it’s old and bulky and not cozy when we sit down for dinner. The only reason we have it is because it was cheap, sturdy, and our little girls have been using as an art table since they were born. Any ideas on dining table that might look nice. Something cozier, simple, modern but not too modern/ minimalist. Thank you again

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I guess what I mean by cozier is a table that is simpler in design, something that invites you to sit and relax. I find the chairs too regal looking:))

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Flo Manga I love the photo display you created above the piano. It is beautiful!

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I’m also wondering what carpet to get for under the sectional as it’s not a true they color but a vintage grey with a little green, brown tinge to it.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

You can use some color in this room. A rug with some color would be great. I will look for some ideas.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

Here is pretty rug. Forgiving with children too.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Really nice, and has some grey in it as well. Where can I find it?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

At West Elm website.

• Gcubed
    4 år siden

Following

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

These are some of the consoles I’m looking at right now for my living room. I’m leaning towards medium toned wood or even black. I also like the mirror and dresser look for the long entryway but not sure it would coordinate nicely with what I have. Can you think of any other console that might look nice? I plan on buying one this coming week and maybe new carpet.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

Here is the console I put in that mock up.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

You still think this one best:)) I do like it, I'm just wondering if it's too small as we will get a bigger TV as well. Pottery Barn has a slightly longer one in the same style. Do you think that might work better or shorter. I do want to place a plant in the corner of the room or between piano and console though.

• calidesign
    4 år siden

@luminel, I like the first three consoles you posted above. Measure your wall and get one as long as you can to have more storage and because your sectional is long. Since you are changing your style and dining area, any of the three would work with your sectional and new transitional dining and end tables. The last one is too chunky and rustic.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

What is measurement from left side of current cabinet to outside wall.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

What size TV are you contemplating getting? The TV should be about 2/3 the length of console. So if you do a 65” TV It’s actual width is around 56”. So 70-72” length would work IF you have enough room for that much length. I recommend leaving open space between console and TV. Open space creates better overall look. Gives the eye somewhere to rest.

• shirlpp
    4 år siden

I don't like that last console either. I agree with calidesign that it is not the right fit. I like Flo's suggestion too. A plant between the console and piano is a great idea. I'd wait on the entryway console until you get the living area a little more together.

Kudos to you for getting it done. It's nice to see a dilemma and someone willing to buy - as opposed to waiting years.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

Yes, plan all furniture changes first so they work together when all purchases are made. Try not to let “sales” get you buying things that don’t work. Get a little spiral notebook. Measure your whole space and do a scale drawing. (If you post dimensions, I can do a sale drawing for you and suggest sizes that will work in this place and be flexible for future homes. Make notes of furniture sizes in the notebook and carry it with you and stay in the measurements you need.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Shirlpp if you knew how many years we’ve lived in this rental you’d cry for me. 15 years to be exact. We got married and moved in and 15 years later my place still looks like we moved in. We rarely have people over because I dont like the way my place is, I guess I’m embarrassed a little. My girls, 6 and 9, are starting to ask if they can have friends over for dinner. Well, I decided this year to make a change , get my place to look nice and have dinners all the time and play music. I come from a family of artists and musicians, but when it comes to decorating my own place, I feel lost:))
    Decorating is an art. Thank you again!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

I gathered some main pieces for your space. I found some grays that play well with your piano and sectional. I even found a nice palm tree to provide some separation between eating area and music/TV room. I can give you sources for any piece shown in this mood board.

• calidesign
    4 år siden

The addition of artwork on the walls will also keep the space from looking like you just moved in. But get the furniture figured out first.

luminel thanked calidesign
  • luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Wow Flo, how do you put it all together so fast! I like the black console even more than the other one, it’s a softer black, grey. Where can I find it?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

This one?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

From Wayfair.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

That one is nearly 80” long so i need your measurements.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

It’s glossy, won’t it be too much shine with my glossy piano.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

I am more concerned about size. Can you measure for me? Plus, this unit requires a lot of assembly. So let me find something similar.

• shirlpp
    4 år siden

Wow - Really - 15 years.......Yes, it is time!

luminel thanked shirlpp
  • luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

I don’t have the right tape measure, but I got approx. 122 inches from the left of console to the outside wall, I’m assuming near the window. The length of my console alone is 64 inches.

• everdebz
    4 år siden

Has honey, and grey [the cut pile is sheared by hand to create a rich appearance. Beige, Brown and Ivory come alive with the accents of Blues and Grey for contrast.]

Might not be too too neutral / boring if an upholstered ottoman had color...?

Rizzy Home Vogue Collection Rug, 8'x10' · Mere information

https://www.houzz.com/products/rizzy-home-vogue-collection-rug-8x10-prvw-vr~133593328

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

Ok well you could go to 80” for the tv console. But if you are getting a 65” TV the width of 65” TV is approximately 55” wide. So a 72” console would leave about 8” on each side. If you plan to stay here 5 years more then you can do whatever you like. But if you plan to move in next year or so be careful of long pieces of furniture. They are harder to fit into many places.

• luminel
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

They are all nice!! I’m sure how they would look with my sectional as my couch is not a true grey, there is a hint of green to it. This could be due to the yellow floors. The lamps also give off yellow light for some reason.

• Gcubed
    4 år siden

Have you tried changing light bulbs in lamps? They may be 2-3K LEDs and giving off yellow light. Go “whiter” (3500-4K LED) and then see how it looks.

• skunst2017
    4 år siden

Flo , you are great !

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 år siden

My goodness thanks for the kind words skunst2017!

• jbtanyderi
    3 år siden

You need a major rug. Remember that the TV should be at SEATED eye level: no twisted necks!

• PRO
    Interior Designs By Lillie
    3 år siden

I personally think we need to see the whole room. This piece should be cohesive with the rest of the room. Can the piano be moved. What style fits best with rest of the decor. Is your taste traditional , contemporary, modern? The right piece can transform the room as the wrong piece can be disappointing.

• Olychick
    3 år siden

what's with all the EA spam on a 7 month old thread?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.