charif_elkanawati

Master Bathroom All Glass. Yes or No

Would you live in a house where the master bathroom is behind tinted glass? (toilet is concealed behind a door)

Your partner will see you shower, take a bath and floss your teeth.

Yes
No

(21) kommentarer

• Olychick
    4 år siden

I recently declined to rent a hotel room that had that set up. Nope, not a chance. I don't want to see anyone else shower/shave/floss either.

• calidesign
    4 år siden

I've stayed in hotels like that in Europe, and it was fine as novelty, but I would not want to live that way.

• PRO
    CK Hoffman Design
    4 år siden

no way.

Charif Elkanawati thanked CK Hoffman Design
  • Aphaea
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

Privacy is necessary regardless of how good your relationship is. It is equally essential even if you just live by yourself. Even more so if you live with cats.

• K R
    4 år siden

Hecc no. I don’t want to feel like I’m on display.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år siden

Really most of you want double sinks because you get ready together what is the difference. I love glass so it would work for me, but i would like to see an actual space where it is . I think the biggest PITA would be if it opens into a bedroom and one person gets up and wakes the other one up with the light.

• Olychick
    4 år siden

I don't want double sinks just because I get ready at the same time. I want my own sink (when living with a man) so I have a clean place not sprinkled with whiskers or other male detritus.

Charif Elkanawati thanked Olychick
  • Angela Zuill
    4 år siden

I'm with Debbi- privacy issue is not a concern for me but that's a lot of glass to clean! (Of course this is coming from a gal with two small kids who feel required to touch every clean glass surface in sight.)

Charif Elkanawati thanked Angela Zuill
  • User
    4 år siden

dark glass will show dust, drips, fingerprints, etc. I voted no just because it will look dirty more often vs. painted walls, tile, etc. I really would not want to have to windex the bathroom walls every week.

Charif Elkanawati thanked User
  • Robbin Capers
    4 år siden

We're going to have an open master bath with only a glass wall separating the shower (not that much glass!). I'm not too concerned with privacy since we've seen each other naked before. We are going with a separate little room for the toilet with a pocket door though.

Charif Elkanawati thanked Robbin Capers
  • mxk3 z5b_MI
    4 år siden

Privacy entails more than just someone not seeing you naked...

• roccouple
    4 år siden

Wouldn’t be as concerned about partner but you lose wall

space for art or furniture. Plus someone like a kid or visitor could walk in the room.

I think this makes sense only for a very large house with very separated master suite

• thinkdesignlive
    4 år siden

There has to be a way (a very expensive way) to accomplish the design goals of glass but retain privacy. Frosted center section? All frosted? You’d still get light but retain privacy.

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    4 år siden

Have been in some hotels in Europe and New York with all or mostly glass bathroom walls. Am not a big fan. One upscale hotel room in Barcelona had a big soaking tub that wasn't part of the bathroom at all but was out in the room instead. Once again, not a big fan.

• Craig
    4 år siden

I know a couple with that setup and I think it's going to be a problem for resale. If you're going to do that, why bother with the pretense of any wall at all? Might as well just have the bathroom open to the bedroom. Ewww, no. Especially if you co-habitate with someone.
    In my opinion, very relationship, no matter how close, needs to retain some semblance of mystery. And you're going to have a hard time selling the place with that.

• User
    4 år siden

Privacy aside, I definitely would not want to see my entire bathroom from the bedroom. plus what if one of you needs to turn the light on while the other is sleeping? my husband gets up two hours earlier than me. that would be a divorce bathroom for sure.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    4 år siden

I didn't even think about turning on the light in the middle of the night.. ugh.

The idea of this is very cool and would most likely look spectacular, bu then you have to live there and reality comes crashing in...

OP - what are you thinking at this point?

• Charif Elkanawati
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

After having asked many many friends I've become even more convinced of the idea as a design element. You've raised many interesting points (lights, switches, towel hangers, etc) which will be taken into consideration to mix practicality with design. Ultimately, this apartment is not going to sell to any regular mum and dad for various reasons and so I think design elements like this will be sought after by such a client! Thank you all!!!

• Rachel
    4 år siden

It looks like something a celebrity would have in their home. Aesthetically very cool, but only in a house you paid way too much for that you don't spend much time in.

• smitrovich
    4 år siden

Why not use smart glass that goes from translucent to opaque with the flip of a switch?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.