webuser_919923

White Grout with White Subway Tile in Bathroom Shower OR NOT?

I like the Clean, Blended look of White Grout with White Subway tile in a brick pattern for the shower wall and a Bath Tub Surround however my husband keeps telling me how dirty or hard it is going to keep clean and how we need to go with a darker grout.... thoughts?

Has anyone regretted going with a very light or white Grout in a shower Wall for these reasons?

. Our house is somewhat Modern and Traditional Farmhouse

Taking all opinions and advice!

TIA

(11) kommentarer

• Jennifer Bockelman
    4 år siden

We did a white grout with white tile for our shower remodel in November and I love it! It’s actually been really easy to keep clean as long as you keep up with the grout sealing.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

As ABOVE. I've had white grout for thirty years in a bath! A NON issue. I do mean NON.

• Alicia O'Sullivan
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Thank you all for the feedback!

• flopsycat1
    4 år siden

I have three bathrooms with white subway tile walls/white grout. Never a problem. I do, however, have dark grey tiles with matching grout on the shower floor.

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    4 år siden

White grout should be fine. If you're really worried though (or your husband insists) you could always go for a light grey. Don't go too dark as that will be a huge contrast creating a busy look and it will highlight any grout imperfections.

• acm
    4 år siden

It's the caulk in the corners that gets discolored. :\

But if i had it to do again, I'd do a big solid surface. Discoloration may not be a problem, but there is always crap to scrub out of those grout lines. Always.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år siden

Really? I clean the bath twice a week, What :"crap" : ) ? Spray, wipe, rinse, wipe , done. I say this after thirty years of that "program:" and no issues at all.

• Design Girl
    4 år siden

No problems with white grout and white subway in all three of my baths, including the kids. If you clean your bathrooms, there is no problem. On the rare occasion that you may see a bit of mold, at least you can see the mold on the white grout, you can't on the dark. What would really be gross to me is NOT being able to see dirt/mold because you have dark grout and it just stays there.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 år siden

Bottom line is VENTILATION, maintenance in very regular cleaning, and even the soap products you use make a difference. Cheap grocery store bar soap is"deadly", shower gel much better, along with HARD milled bar soap. ( I find it in wonderful scents in Maxx and Marshalls )

The grocery /big box bar variety is the slime bar that disintegrates and leaves plenty of film on everything.

• PRO
    Home Art Tile Kitchen & Bath
    4 år siden

White grout is a classic and it's very easy to clean along with tiles. It gives a clean, sanitary look every bathroom needs because you actually do want to see any mold or dirt in your bathroom and remove it as soon as possible.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.