webuser_498289733

New home room help

Corey Pacillo
4 år siden
sidst ændret:4 år siden

I have recently bought a home. The basement is finished (which will be our living room), there are two bedrooms upstairs, but my problem has to do with the main floor. There is a kitchen, dining room, bathroom, a bedroom, and then this room (the picture in the comment section). I simply do not know what to do with it. I was thinking something like a sitting room, but I want to be a little creative with the design of it. If you have any ideas or advice, please feel free to add your input!

(9) kommentarer

• Corey Pacillo
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

• jck910
    4 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 år siden

agree with bluebird... set it up with out a tv. 4 chairs around a coffee table

• Corey Pacillo
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

well, the basement is bigger, and I wasn't wanting to have the TV be the center of the room. I like the coffee table and chairs idea.

This is the basement (try to picture it without a pool table and the dart board ).

• acm
    4 år siden

Tile is cold. But anyway, you could set up the basement as the TV/family room (with man cave overtones) and then make the living room upstairs more conversational -- a couch and a couple chairs in a grouping, with a rug, coffee table, etc. Or you could make it a sort of reading room, with comfy arm chairs for gazing out the window, a book case, good reading lamps... The grouping suggested above could serve both purposes. Sometimes somebody would just like a place to sit away from the TV and other noise, and this seems good for that.

Otherwise, of course, it could be an office, craft room, set up like your favorite coffee shop with high tables . . . it's your house, do what you like! :))

• PRO
    Century Billiards
    4 år siden

Just a suggestion... Place a pool table upstairs. They are utilized more often when upstairs, and they can be a beautiful piece of furniture. Please let us know if you would like assistance in designing a furniture (modern, traditional, rustic) pool table. Good luck :)

nygameroom@gmail.com

• Me PRN
    4 år siden

Use the room as intended - a living room. Even though you have a nice set up in the basement you still need a common area with seating on the main floor. There will be plenty of times that you are in the kitchen and your company, family, friends will want to be nearby to chat. It's also nice to have a spot near near the kitchen for yourself to read, use your tablet, or just snooze while dinner is cooking. If it were my house I would go with a couch and and 1-2 comfy chairs.

• Maureen
    4 år siden

Definitely a sitting room of some sort to meet your needs - bookcases and a great spot to read, include a desk if you work from home. Could have a small area dedicated to a games table, yoga, or listening to music, etc.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 år siden

It is a LR use the basement space for media room to get the TV out of the LR IMO. We found a media room was great space since it was away from the more adult type space so the TV did not interfere with the conversation.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.