lg_eg

What plants should I put in next to a steep driveway

lg_eg
3 år siden

Hello Houzz,
I am wanting advice on what to plant on a slope, next to a steep driveway.

(10) kommentarer

• Austere Hamlet
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

diosma and creeping conifers would look good on that site and tie in with your existing plantings too. They were big in naturalistic rockeries some time ago. But I believe they have been overlooked. If you have the climate for it, it's very beautiful. Low maintenance once established and evrergreen. Diosma flowers as well. These plants tend to thrive on difficult sites like yours.

Or if you want to go native then candlestick banksia or a prone calistemon are also good candidates.

• lg_eg
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you for your suggestions, I like the first idea, of creeping conifers, we are in southwest Sydney, would these plants be suitable for that climate?

• Stef Anie
    3 år siden

I wonder if those are slow growing? Lily pillies are always good.

• Austere Hamlet
    3 år siden

OP has a low hedge and a standard rose in that bed. Needs something low and mounding or spreading to work with the existing plantings. Slow growing can be good, it means you don't have to constantly prune to keep the plants looking compact and nice.

• PRO
    Davidson Design Studio
    3 år siden

A bed of sprawling Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) could look amazing down that slope. This would tie in nicely with your existing plantings.

The border along the driveway edge can be kept tidy with a row of Liriope 'Evergreen Giant' and let the Star Jasmine sprawl behind.

Good luck with your project!

• julie herbert
    3 år siden

Great suggestions, have used the beautiful ground cover star jasmine ‘trachelospermum asiaticum , shiny dark green leaves with fabulous richly scented flowers this would add a beautiful look to your driveway and the perfume is amazing.

• Sara Graham
    3 år siden

Think about planting some plants that help stabilise the soil and prevent erosion. Lomandra and Dianella come to mind. Ozbreed have a discussion about this in their website, with plant suggestions for different areas of the country.

• lg_eg
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you for your suggestions,very helpful I will look into them. I definitely need slow growing and low maintenance as we have a lot of hedges already! see pic

• lg_eg
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you Sara, I was hoping for something with those properties, we can't put bark or stones as it would just wash away with the rain.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.